Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Partially true, though I haven't seem him do any boneheaded "run out of bounds 5 yards behind LoS" sacks in awhile. He's trying to be Big Ben, moving around, keeping the play alive sometimes, but generally in those cases, he throws it before getting sacked.

It's a fine line to walk, remember in the SB, he rolled out and almost took a big sack running out of bounds, but threw at the last second to Boldin for a 30 yard gain, amazing play because no one expected it to be a completion, almost looked like he just threw it downfield to get rid of it.
    yea that was a great play. im starting to think a qb coach will be very helpful

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    its ok to criticize your qb LOL

little joey is not perfect
    He isn't. But he also isn't as bad as this year would suggest. And neither is Ryan. Their situations are strikingly similar. And it is valid to point to how both are struggling for the same general reasons.

Using "little joey" doesn't help show impartiality either.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    They are saying the same things about Matt Ryan in Atlanta. I guess Ryan and flacco just happened to regress in the same year? No.

They both have horrible OLs, poor run support and lack of trust in their WRs. Poor OL= rushed throws. Rushed throws = single read. Lack of trust in WRs = lack of chemistry, timing = more INTs.

It really isn't hard to see what is happening. Unless you believe both Ryan and flacco somehow forgot to how to play QB in the NFL.
    This. His two main "go to" guys are gone. The running game has been shit. The O-line has clearly regressed. Yet all we hear about is how Joe regressed, as if he lives in a bubble because of his big contract. All it shows me is people who make those comments have no concept of how all the pieces fit together. And the real irony is...despite all of this, the Ravens could still be above .500 if they had a head coach who knew what he was doing on the sideline.

iggyman555 Guest

He isn't. But he also isn't as bad as this year would suggest. And neither is Ryan. Their situations are strikingly similar. And it is valid to point to how both are struggling for the same general reasons.

Using "little joey" doesn't help show impartiality either.
    this is a bad habits thread not joey sucks thread. changing topic and bringing in matty ice into the conversations doesn't show "impartiality"
    plenty of ppl in this thread admit joey has a few bad habits. thats all

Blog Entries

yea that was a great play. im starting to think a qb coach will be very helpful
    it wouldn't be a bad idea...hell, I'd bring Zorn back if he works well with Caldwell.

Honestly, Caldwell was a great coach for Flacco, but moving to OC, he has too much on his plate to work hands on with Flacco. Another benefit of a QB coach is that QB coach can be the guy in Flacco's ear with Caldwell in the booth, basically being the link from Joe to Caldwell. This is something that didn't happen with Cam, because Cam was a sideline OC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

this is a bad habits thread not joey sucks thread. changing topic and bringing in matty ice into the conversations doesn't show "impartiality"
    plenty of ppl in this thread admit joey has a few bad habits. thats all
    because bad habits are mutually exclusive from the other 10 players on the field? I forgot this wasn't a team sport. I'm sure bad habits don't get compounded by free pass rushers coming through the middle, 2.8 ypc RBs that get no defensive attention causing teams to stack their secondary, and WRs that were either undrafted, cut or brought in a few weeks before the season opener, some well on the wrong side of 30. Yeah Joe has some horrible habits.

iggyman555 Guest

because bad habits are mutually exclusive from the other 10 players on the field? I forgot this wasn't a team sport. I'm sure bad habits don't get compounded by free pass rushers coming through the middle, 2.8 ypc RBs that get no defensive attention causing teams to stack their secondary, and WRs that were either undrafted, cut or brought in a few weeks before the season opener, some well on the wrong side of 30. Yeah Joe has some horrible habits.
    yea joe is perfect sorry for any criticism LOL
    thread/

Blog Entries

if you read the article and see the stills, you will know what the OP posted about. Predetermining reads, staring down receivers and trying to execute a play that isnt there. It has cost the team this year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

They undoubtedly do. However a quarterback in his sixth year should not still be making rookie mistakes. He has always locked onto his primary receiver, and he rarely if ever looks off defenders. These are things that he should have progressed from long ago. Until today I didn't realize how much he predetermined before the snap where the ball was going and forced it anyway. With increased freedom to operate in this offense, he definitely should not be doing this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    if you read the article and see the stills, you will know what the OP posted about. Predetermining reads, staring down receivers and trying to execute a play that isnt there. It has cost the team this year.
    predeterming read = not trusting OL.

Staring down WRs = not trusting WR = forcing plays.

Again, they are saying the EXACT same things in Atlanta. Pretty amazing that two different QBs have the same exact bad habits.
    Or...they have the same exact scenarios: poor OL, poor run support, loss of established/trusted pass catchers. All of which hit at the same exact time for a perfect trifecta of QB killing cocktail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    They undoubtedly do. However a quarterback in his sixth year should not still be making rookie mistakes. He has always locked onto his primary receiver, and he rarely if ever looks off defenders. These are things that he should have progressed from long ago. Until today I didn't realize how much he predetermined before the snap where the ball was going and forced it anyway. With increased freedom to operate in this offense, he definitely should not be doing this.
    Right. What is more plausible, that both Ryan and flacco have regressed to pre-rookie form, or they have no protection, no run support and no weapons.

Two QBs drafted in the first rd, with established 5 year track records, each with $100M contracts, suddenly pull a switcheroo and turn into garbage? Riiiiighhtttt.....

iggyman555 Guest

Right. What is more plausible, that both Ryan and flacco have regressed to pre-rookie form, or they have no protection, no run support and no weapons.

Two QBs drafted in the first rd, with established 5 year track records, each with $100M contracts, suddenly pull a switcheroo and turn into garbage? Riiiiighhtttt.....
    no one said joey "turn into garbage?" LOL smh

i take it you didnt read the article like RWT suggested