Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Flacco's Bad Habit

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    NONE of the examples of teams you cited have anywhere NEAR the issues that the Ravens offense have. NO ONE has a fucking Castillo. NO ONE has a Gradkowski. NO ONE has the inept running game the Ravens have. NO ONE has a bum like Ed Dickson. NO ONE has as bad an OC as the Ravens, with the possible exception of Haley. NO ONE has the rag tag WRs that the Ravens have. So honestly...your comparisons and/or assessments mean nothing unless or until you factor in REALITY. There simply IS no comparison of the ridiculous offense of the Ravens to any other NFL team. Therefore it's impossible to single Joe out and compare him to any other QB because there's just no fair comparison WHEN YOU FACTOR IN EVERYTHING ELSE.
    Telling me that no other QB is playing for the Ravens is meaningless. Obviously.

The question is whether Flacco makes our WRs and OL and coaches look bad as well as our WRs and OL and coaches making Flacco look bad.

As for saying it is impossible to compare Flacco to any other QB, fair enough. Then let's stop insinuating he is definitely better than Alex Smith, or Cam Newton, or anyone really. If eye tests are all we truly have then everyone is right (according to their own eye).

This really comes down to whether one wants to admit Flacco is, at all, responsible for his performance/stats. At all. You and others never explicitly say it, but you act as if he is 0% responsible. Others argue somewhat responsible or that they believe a different QB may be better and then the fallacies start flying in response. "Impossible to know" is perfectly acceptable to me, though I am not sure it will be for others.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Haloti92: you lost the argument bro. Go to bed. You are the one that wiggled all around moving goalposts. I had a very simple premise that you mucked up in your attempt to slam flacco and prove how horrible you think he is playing.it is your MO. I get it. You aren't the smartest guy in the room. Give up. I bet you $1 more people agree with me than you with respect to who moved goalposts around. Stop trying to force your opinion down everyone's throat.
    No, bro, but I understand you feeling the need to declare victory and extricate yourself. When you are left with one option, repeating already-addressed non-points, it is time to move on.

Amusing surrender post, though. Hats off for fallacies. "I bet you $1 more people agree with me," lol. So precious. You actually think that isn't a foolish thing to say.

Maybe in a few weeks, your comparison and initial defense will make some sense. There is always hope. Of course we'll all still know you made it at a time when it made no sense. ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    If eye tests are all we truly have then everyone is right (according to their own eye).
    Don't be modest now. Just tell us all how you and only you can be right.

Blog Entries

No, bro, but I understand you feeling the need to declare victory and extricate yourself. When you are left with one option, repeating already-addressed non-points, it is time to move on.

Amusing surrender post, though. Hats off for fallacies. "I bet you $1 more people agree with me," lol. So precious. You actually think that isn't a foolish thing to say.

Maybe in a few weeks, your comparison and initial defense will make some sense. There is always hope. Of course we'll all still know you made it at a time when it made no sense. ;)

Do you realize that his argument was that Ryan ALSO has seen his performance largely diminish once he no longer had a superstar offense with three freakazoids, which, you know, is objectively true. And he's struggled worse than Flacco. By a lot.

(His offenses have scored 13, 10, 10, 6, and 13 non-garbage time points in the past 5 weeks.)

Explain to me please how that's just "struggling a BIT." What's your criteria? Because unless you can answer that question, BT wins the argument dead to rights.

Blog Entries

no it all made sense tonight.
    You are the one that fucked things up with your holier than thou mentality and superiority complex that is painfully evident. You interjected not only yourself but your own invalid interpretations of the intent of MY premise.

Blog Entries

You are the one that fucked things up with your holier than thou mentality and superiority complex that is painfully evident.
    + 1,0000000000!

I remember after the Ravens lost the 2011 AFCCG how big of an idiot he said I was for saying Flacco was better than Brady and that the Ravens would go right back into Foxborough the next year and Flacco would emasculate Brady for the world to see (but never, EVER acknowledge).

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    So... what?
    So...what? Brilliant.

:grbac:

Naw how dare you make such a comment.

Haloti92 is literally the "least" biased person here.

I mean...he said so himself...so he must be right. He is always right, right? Sure carries himself that way.

If he says so it is HAS to be true...right? We should all just accept that he is superior to us and everything he says carries more weight and is inherently more valid, if for no other reason than it came from the brain of Haloti92.
    I think some people have gotten seduced into thinking that they can explain or even "prove" football-related things using stats. But in such a short season, football stats are basically meaningless. Imagine trying to make some sort of reasonable argument about a baseball team halfway through the month of April -- it just doesn't work. You have to be able to look at GAMES and make sense of out what you're seeing. Some people do a better job of that than others. What I've seen for years is people simply not liking Joe Flacco, then trying to use stats to justify their preconceived prejudiced opinion. I don't know why -- the guy has done nothing but win. He brought home the most coveted prize in all of football. Yet he gets more shit than just about anyone to ever suit up in a Ravens uni. I usually don't even get into the fray because it's so absurd. But THIS season? With all the bottom falling out elements of the offense? To use that as some sort of battering ram against Joe? It's pitiable.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    Hey HALOTI 92

DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

YOU'RE DOING THAT THING AGAIN WHERE YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE THE FACTS, so that you can keep saying the same thing.

Ryan "struggling a bit"...

SINCE Julio Jones got injured, which are the only games relevant in this discussion since Ryan started out the season with three freakazoids to throw to...

He beat the awful Bucs at home, congrats.
    Since then, he has 5 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Oh, and two of those were garbage time touchdowns. In the last 5 games, his offenses have scored 13, 10, 10, 6, and 13 non-garbage time points.

He is struggling more now than Flacco ever has in his career, except for the very beginning of his rookie season.

By the way, he still has a better offense surrounding him.
    More of the "point to event/metric and consider it the only factor explaining the results"? Two can play at that game:

Yeah, but, but they also played the Seahawks (2nd) and Panthers (3rd) and Cardinals (9th) and Saints (5th) defenses. See. That was the reason, not Ryan or Julio. Right? Those are tough defenses.

And Ryan still has a QB rating of 79.3 since Julio being hurt, despite these defenses and no Julio.

While Flacco has a 74.1 QB rating since that date.

And last game to last game:

Ryan vs the 5th ranked defense: QB rating of 97.4

Flacco vs. the 24th ranked defense: QB rating of 53.4

Yeah, as of this minute Ryan is struggling worse than Joe is, and worse than Joe ever has. Sure.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 11-24-2013 at 01:14 AM.

You are the one that fucked things up with your holier than thou mentality and superiority complex that is painfully evident. You interjected not only yourself but your own invalid interpretations of the intent of MY premise.
    The only thing I fucked up was your dumb argument. Your insistence on making personal shots instead of making arguments is getting embarrassing.

And which premise are we talking about? The one you started with or the one you changed it to after the original was criticized? If the latter, I never argued against that, in fact I stipulated it. If the former, already addressed, thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I think some people have gotten seduced into thinking that they can explain or even "prove" football-related things using stats. But in such a short season, football stats are basically meaningless. Imagine trying to make some sort of reasonable argument about a baseball team halfway through the month of April -- it just doesn't work. You have to be able to look at GAMES and make sense of out what you're seeing. Some people do a better job of that than others. What I've seen for years is people simply not liking Joe Flacco, then trying to use stats to justify their preconceived prejudiced opinion. I don't know why -- the guy has done nothing but win. He brought home the most coveted prize in all of football. Yet he gets more shit than just about anyone to ever suit up in a Ravens uni. I usually don't even get into the fray because it's so absurd. But THIS season? With all the bottom falling out elements of the offense? To use that as some sort of battering ram against Joe? It's pitiable.
    Here is the thing though.

Often one side has stats and X, the other side has only X.

Even if stats are worth 0, and people would debate that, the latter side can't win. By definition.

And it is the latter half getting their panties in a bunch when people do not swallow their side as obvious that is the main initiator of the arguments. As Tony so correctly pointed out.

Don't be modest now. Just tell us all how you and only you can be right.
    You should have hit Cancel instead of Post Quick Reply on this one.

You missed the point, then wallowed in that fact.

:grbac: