Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beer Thread

Re: The Beer Thread

Had a Heavy Seas Winter Storm before going into the stadium last night. DELISH

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Stopped at a little Brew Pub in Calisle, Pa. I want to say it was close to 100 imported bottles broke down by country. I went with some of the more odd ones off the list. Tsingtao (chinese), Kirin Ichiban (japan), Ambar (spain), San Miguel (philipines), Efes (turkey), and Mariachi (guatemala). Ambar and San Miguel were the best of the bunch. They had good unique flavor. The rest pretty much tasted like any light american lager. Guatemala and turkey apparently recycle their bottles... poorly. They both had soapy residue in the bottle after I poured it out. Guatemala may have had a good bit of cleaner still in the beer actually.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Stopped at a little Brew Pub in Calisle, Pa. I want to say it was close to 100 imported bottles broke down by country. I went with some of the more odd ones off the list. Tsingtao (chinese), Kirin Ichiban (japan), Ambar (spain), San Miguel (philipines), Efes (turkey), and Mariachi (guatemala). Ambar and San Miguel were the best of the bunch. They had good unique flavor. The rest pretty much tasted like any light american lager. Guatemala and turkey apparently recycle their bottles... poorly. They both had soapy residue in the bottle after I poured it out. Guatemala may have had a good bit of cleaner still in the beer actually.
    Oh, you mean Market Cross Pub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oh, you mean Market Cross Pub?

yessir. First time there, was quite surprised. I liked their stout, wasnt what i was expecting, and brown ale, which i think was nut brown ale.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

That's a great little joint. I used to go there every Tuesday for pint night. I miss that place.

Blog Entries

I was really impressed with it. Great food (fish and chips) and much larger selection then I would have thought from a nano/microbrewery. Usually they like to sell their own beer. Probably worth the hour drive to go back sometime.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I was really impressed with it. Great food (fish and chips) and much larger selection then I would have thought from a nano/microbrewery. Usually they like to sell their own beer. Probably worth the hour drive to go back sometime.
    Just a block down is the North Hanover Grill. They have outstanding wings. Wing night was Wednesday night.

That was a good little town to go to college in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just a block down is the North Hanover Grill. They have outstanding wings. Wing night was Wednesday night.

That was a good little town to go to college in.
    Dickinson?

Ill be honest ive been going there for years for the swap meets, but i never really ventured into town at all. It looked like a fun place to be. We were there at 11 on a cold saturday afternoon and there were still a good bit of people starting to roll in.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Dickinson?

Ill be honest ive been going there for years for the swap meets, but i never really ventured into town at all. It looked like a fun place to be. We were there at 11 on a cold saturday afternoon and there were still a good bit of people starting to roll in.
    Yeppers.

I gradiated with a batchlers in beer drinking. :D

Heading into Bmore in a couple of weeks for my birthday weekend with the fellas.

Any new local brews I need to try?

Blog Entries

I had Brewers Art Ozzy for new years... not sure how "new" it is, but it was new to me and quite tasty.
    -JAB

Ozzy is one of their staples. Had it many times. Very tasty and quite hoppy.