Ahmad Brooks refuses to take Ray Lewis' offer to pay half of his fine

Ray Lewis was being cool to pay half of Ahmad Brooks fine, but he refused to take it. What do you think? I feel it was a slap in the face to Ray.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...fine/15130829?

Re: Ahmad Brooks refuses to take Ray Lewis' offer to pay half of his fine

All Brooks has to do is show the replay of Matt Ryan getting a similar hit against the saints. No penalty called there. Unless NFL throws a fine on that play. Ray and Bruschi should do their jobs and not get personal about it.

Don't see it as a slap in the face. It's a grown man with a 37 million dollar contract basically saying he can pay his own fine. If some minimum salary rookie lets some rich veterans help him out with a BIG fine... fine. But an 8 year veteran with a big contract of his own... no way.

Without hearing the specific response to Ray or Tedy its hard to say if it was a slap in the face.

IMO I think Ahmad probably told him he appreciated the offer but he plans to appeal so no need to help him.

I will say though that its bogus how this rule is left up to interpretation. Brooks was clearly not trying to hit him to hurt Brees but because his arm was around the shoulder area of a man who was going down its a flag. Flacco gets hit in the face by peppers and its no call but then he gets the benefit of a slide into him and its 15.

Goodell is ruining this game.

As an aside... I'd be curious to know if Lewis and/or Bruschi got any "thank yous" from the credit card company when they pulled out their cards on national TV. I think Bruschi actually said the name / brand of card... :)

Blog Entries

The right thing to do, be accountable for your own actions.

Plus it's a tax write off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Without hearing the specific response to Ray or Tedy its hard to say if it was a slap in the face.

IMO I think Ahmad probably told him he appreciated the offer but he plans to appeal so no need to help him.

I will say though that its bogus how this rule is left up to interpretation. Brooks was clearly not trying to hit him to hurt Brees but because his arm was around the shoulder area of a man who was going down its a flag. Flacco gets hit in the face by peppers and its no call but then he gets the benefit of a slide into him and its 15.

Goodell is ruining this game.
    You do know he works for the owners, right?

Good. I thought it was over the line for Ray to offer to pay half the fine. His job is to analyst football and make comments, not get personally involved. Besides Brooks can afford it, he's not some min salary third stringer.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Its not a slap in the face, but Ahmad Brooks is kind of a dumbass, I remember he said something really stupid before the SB a few months back, maybe a poster can share some light on that, I swear he said something really dumb, but can't remember what it was. I think it was something to do with Torrey Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You do know he works for the owners, right?
    Yup but as commissioner he has enough stroke to change the way the game is played with rule enhancements and the like.

As always we'll agree to disagree.