Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick KO Update

Quick KO Update

Good stuff. Even if he needs 5 1/2 months then he'll be good for working the kinks out come early May.

Harbaugh said left offensive guard Kelechi Osemele underwent back surgery on Monday and is expected to recover in three to four months. Osemele is already on injured reserve.

"It was very successful," Harbaugh said. "He was in a little bit of pain. He's up and walking, very gingerly. He'll start his recovery and rehab now. They say it's a three-to-four month process."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2lPKgyx6i
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: Quick KO Update

Most likely they'll keep him out of all OTAs. Sounds like he's on track to make a good recovery by the time training camp comes around

Blog Entries

KO has enormous upside, lets hope he makes a speedy recovery and rediscovers his play off form at guard, because he was an unstoppable beast in the trenches, and played a huge role in the SB win destroying Justin Smith. He can be as good if not better than what Yanda has been.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    KO had enormous upside.... He could have been as good if not better than what Yanda has been.
    FTFY, unfortunately. :(

I hate to be Debbie Downer here, but it's pretty much a truism that once an athlete's back starts acting up the party's over. From the experience of everyone I know with back problems (& that includes nearly all my male relatives, most of whom were athletes of one sort or another in their younger days), it is IMO extremely unlikely that he will ever fully recover; in fact, one can almost count on him having more disc trouble sooner rather than later, particularly in such a physically demanding occupation. Playing a few more years at a serviceable though unspectacular level, with occasional flare-ups, is about the best anyone can reasonably hope for. Sorry.

Blog Entries

Gronk seems to have gone from a player with back issues to a superstar. I agree that it's unusual but I wouldn't write KO off just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Gronk seems to have gone from a player with back issues to a superstar. I agree that it's unusual but I wouldn't write KO off just yet.
    Just imagine if he didn't have the head problems to go with the back problems...

7. Re: Quick KO Update

^^^OhThePossibilities

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    stenosis is very dtfferent than disc trouble
    c

People used to say this about ACL injuries and achilles injuries as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    FTFY, unfortunately. :(

I hate to be Debbie Downer here, but it's pretty much a truism that once an athlete's back starts acting up the party's over. From the experience of everyone I know with back problems (& that includes nearly all my male relatives, most of whom were athletes of one sort or another in their younger days), it is IMO extremely unlikely that he will ever fully recover; in fact, one can almost count on him having more disc trouble sooner rather than later, particularly in such a physically demanding occupation. Playing a few more years at a serviceable though unspectacular level, with occasional flare-ups, is about the best anyone can reasonably hope for. Sorry.
    People said the exact same thing about Suggs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    stenosis is very dtfferent than disc trouble
    c
    Is stenosis the issue with KO? I honestly can't remember seeing any details of what exactly the problem is.

Blog Entries

Backs are tricky... a lot going on there. Theres a lot of guys that are never the same or continue to have issues, but there are some that are fine. Ill hope and expect its the latter with KO until he shows me it isnt. Seeing as he was playing through it without it being resolved, I think thats a good sign that any correction should be able to be an improvement.
    -JAB