Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Gino Gradkowski (yes another thread)

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Bengals D wasn't easy but without Atkins that pass rush up the middle just isn't the same. It was still tough on the Tackles but it was a little easier for the guys in the middle.
    Lets not forget. They delayed blitz up the center got like 3 sacks on Flacco.

This late in the season, Gino has GOT to stop getting burned by it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Flacco and Rice need to be better about this as well. The whole point of a delayed blitz is so the blitzer can see where the guard and center are going so he can go the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Fuck gino gradowski

Correct me if I am wrong but Gino has been better than any center who came out in 2012. He's been better than Konz who most projected the Ravens would take in the first round. It's been a bumpy road but I have seen some improvement. I hope he can finish the year strong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but Gino has been better than any center who came out in 2012. He's been better than Konz who most projected the Ravens would take in the first round. It's been a bumpy road but I have seen some improvement. I hope he can finish the year strong.
    Peter Konz has been beyond terrible. I was a huge fan of his before the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

That's a great point and very true

Blog Entries

Have they named a cheeseburger after him yet?

The good old Gino Giant - what a burger with a great sauce.

Just had one for lunch yesterday but I really wonder what some people
    are watching as Film Study said this about his Chicago game. Nope,
    he's not ready for a burger named after him yet.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    the Bears used a conservative pass rush, which kept 7 in coverage on 26 of 34 drop backs.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And they won w/o pressuring Gino. Before, FS noted that the league had the book on Gino and loaded the box and shot their big dudes right over his ass. Anyone would improve with no one coming at you, or not as many.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-23-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Philip Blake was the guy I was high on. He hasn't even made it off a practice squad. Ben Jones from Georgia and David Molk from Michigan were the other talked about Center prospect that year. Neither of the them have played much Center so far. I think Molk is already out of the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Philip Blake was the guy I was high on. He hasn't even made it off a practice squad. Ben Jones from Georgia and David Molk from Michigan were the other talked about Center prospect that year. Neither of the them have played much Center so far. I think Molk is already out of the NFL.
    Talk about undersized.

Molk was barely 6'1" and 280lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Peter Konz has been beyond terrible. I was a huge fan of his before the draft.
    Konz certainly presented as the best available C in that draft, even if I'd forgotten the name till now. Center is a hard position to master; it's the QB of the OL (plus you've got to block). We who moaned about an aging Birk over-matched by bull- & speed-rushing defenders now see the value of his on-field brain-trust and leadership was as important to the OL as Ray's was to the defense.

It's way too early to evaluate Gino. He's played 10 games against pro players. Before that, his only experience was at DELAWARE. And that was mostly at guard.

Not saying he is going to be a Pro Bowler -- or even an effective starter. But Oz likes to say "players get better." Let's give him a chance to do that.

Show of hands: who here labelled Jimmy Smith a bust after his first year?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Well, it seems like GG is the guy through the end of the year anyway. With KO out, they seem to be sticking with Shipley at LG. And Jensen has been routinely practicing, not even on injury report, and doesn't appear to be getting playing time anytime soon.

I would expect we'll inspect the C position very carefully in the offseason. If nothing else, would be nice to see them bring in tougher competition for him than Shipley
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!