Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A peek into John Harbaugh's schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Well I would counter that with, being old school, you know you need to win upfront, in the trenches.
    The Ravens are certainly not doing that. It is glaring...
    But I understand exactly where you are coming from and when it comes to the rest of the Xs and Os, I would say that you maybe onto something. Harbaugh looks over the route trees, offensive game plan, etc., for every game...maybe that is where your analysis plays a huge factor...after all, this is HIS team now.
    After seeing that he does spend a lot of time in meetings and looking at film, I just have to wonder if he takes after his father who may have kept to a certain philosophy his entire coaching career (i.e risk averse smash mouth football). The game has gotten more sophisticated. Time to get a little creative with route trees, pre-snap counts and formations.
    Last edited by pslholder96; 11-22-2013 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries

with a sword in the other hand...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    After seeing that he does spend a lot of time in meetings and looking at film, I just have to wonder if he takes after his father who kept may have kept to a certain philosophy his entire coaching career (i.e risk averse smash mouth football). The game has gotten more sophisticated. Time to get a little creative with route trees, pre-snap counts and formations.
    Absolutely agree. We are being outcoached every week.
    I don't think any other team has such a hard time getting their receivers open...and it's certainly not because our receivers are old and slow...so that excuse they used a few years back doesn't work anymore.
    It has got to be play design and using the best attributes of each and every skill player to succeed.
    If they don't know what routes and formations to get them open, simply watch the endless hours of footage they have of the Steelers, Broncos, and Patriots receivers...and learn something.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    No doubt there was tension between Joe and Cam, but I remember watching a "Sound FX" feature which showed a conversation between Joe and Harbs on the sideline, and I could see some tension between them, especially in their body language. Like I intimated, I could be wrong, but I do think they've grown closer since Cam left.
    In the America's Game feature, they showed an exchange between Harbaugh and Flacco where Harbs was trying to get Joe's attention and tell him something they needed to change. Flacco basically laughed and said "Hey, get off my back".

That was the most tension I've seen between them, and it wasn't much. I'm sure they have some, but Harbaugh is generally not a guy, during a game, to get into it with any players. The lone exception I can remember is Ellerbe in a preseason game against the Rams, he made a pick 6, and did some dumb fall into the endzone type celebration. Harbaugh RAN down the sideline, beckoned him over, and GRABBED him by the pads, chewing him out. It was deserved though, considering it was a dumb move in a preseason game which we were losing pretty handily.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!