Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A peek into John Harbaugh's schedule

The AFC North Blog on ESPN has posted a very nice breakdown of John Harbaugh's minute-by-minute schedule in the week leading up to last week's game in Chicago. I think we all know that NFL head coaches work really hard, but this gives a nice view of just how hard. Our very own Kevin Van Valkenburg was responsible for the idea.
    Last edited by TheRockDoctor; 11-22-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Re: A peek into John Harbaugh's schedule

As a fan, you know how busy NFL coaches are but it's incredible when you see it laid out like that.

But I thought Harbs just showed up on game day to make corny speeches?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

This was a good read. Interesting how he watches tape with his father. I'm not trying to be insensitive but we know his father his old school and me thinks this heavily clouds John Harbaugh's vision of what it takes to build an offensive juggernaut.

Blog Entries

WOW, that's a little bit different from my sister-in-law's schedule.
    MONDAY :
    (1) wake up at NOON.
    (2) eat hi-calorie, low nutritional breakfast.
    (3) play with cat for a couple of hours.
    (4) take nap
    (5) reawaken and call Bc and wife with, "what are you having for dinner? I would prefer
    going out to a nice restaurant. Though I don't have money, so I can't contribute."
    (6) back home after free meal. 6 hours of TV watching.
    (7) back to bed around 3 a.m.
    TUESDAY through SUNDAY : repeat (1) through (7)
    ... Bc

Blog Entries

Wonder where the bathroom breaks fit in.

Blog Entries

It's like boot camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Thanks for posting this. What I like about his schedule is the way he makes time to eat meals with the players. I wonder how many other coaches do that. Regarding that, however, I was surprised to see the number of meals he has with Flacco. I know there's been tension between he and Harbs since they both came here, but I think they've grown a little closer since Cam was fired. This is just an outsider talking; I have no first-hand knowledge of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Thanks for posting this. What I like about his schedule is the way he makes time to eat meals with the players. I wonder how many other coaches do that. Regarding that, however, I was surprised to see the number of meals he has with Flacco. I know there's been tension between he and Harbs since they both came here, but I think they've grown a little closer since Cam was fired. This is just an outsider talking; I have no first-hand knowledge of that.
    I don't think there's ever been any tension between Harbs and Flacco, it was mostly Flacco and Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I don't think there's ever been any tension between Harbs and Flacco, it was mostly Flacco and Cam.
    No doubt there was tension between Joe and Cam, but I remember watching a "Sound FX" feature which showed a conversation between Joe and Harbs on the sideline, and I could see some tension between them, especially in their body language. Like I intimated, I could be wrong, but I do think they've grown closer since Cam left.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This was a good read. Interesting how he watches tape with his father. I'm not trying to be insensitive but we know his father his old school and me thinks this heavily clouds John Harbaugh's vision of what it takes to build an offensive juggernaut.
    Well I would counter that with, being old school, you know you need to win upfront, in the trenches.
    The Ravens are certainly not doing that. It is glaring...
    But I understand exactly where you are coming from and when it comes to the rest of the Xs and Os, I would say that you maybe onto something. Harbaugh looks over the route trees, offensive game plan, etc., for every game...maybe that is where your analysis plays a huge factor...after all, this is HIS team now.

Quote Originally Posted by BSHU View Post
    As a fan, you know how busy NFL coaches are but it's incredible when you see it laid out like that.
    Word. I don't know how they do it. I consider myself to have a fairly strong work ethic, but I think I'd burn out after two months of that schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    What I like about his schedule is the way he makes time to eat meals with the players. I wonder how many other coaches do that.
    I had the same thought. Nice way to not only get to know your players better, but also get a bit of a pulse on the locker room.