Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Tyrod Taylor be included more often?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    In my personal opinion, I'd like to see Tyrod more often!!

Thoughts??
    NOT like we saw today against the Jets!!

Blog Entries

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

We won today. You tell me.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    We won today. You tell me.
    :word

however i would reduce his snaps by a few

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    NOT like we saw today against the Jets!!
    Exactly. I think it works if they use him OCCASIONALLY. He can help in the run game but it becomes too predictable if they use him too much.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

those end arounds did not fool anyone. But otherwise he did have the longest run of the game by a good stretch

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Was good to see it a little bit, but I think we got too cute and used him a little too much. No way it should have been used for two plays in a row. And it seemed to mess up the rhythm at times.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Like anything new or different, it was a mixed bag. I said earlier in the thread, I would hope we could use Deonte on that "end around" look (whether we run it or fake it to him).

But the fact is, Taylor can help you get a 1st down here and there, and that's what it's all about.

Was it as seamless as we'd like to see? No. You could see they were feeling their way around this new wrinkle. Some of the plays didn't need to be called. But overall, this is a welcome development.

Dickson, as usual, should have caught TT's pass....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Was good to see it a little bit, but I think we got too cute and used him a little too much. No way it should have been used for two plays in a row. And it seemed to mess up the rhythm at times.
    This^^^.

A bit forced after the first big play. And too many plays total.

The two option-reads where Tyrod handed it when he could have run it, and then when we immediately repeated the play he kept it and got stuffed, were a bridge too far, imo.

As was the pitch. We should try counter pitches with Flacco though. But the option pitch didn't fool them at all (with Tyrod), there was no legitimate threat to run, it was an obvious pitch and the pitch was behind Rice (the execution needs to be worked on).

I did think the quick-hitter to Dickson was open and fooled them, only Tyrod gunned it too low and Dickson did not make the harder-than-it-should-have-been grab.

I do like Tyrod on some of the short 3rd downs. Certainly better than running Rice for 0, and probably also higher percentage than our rudimentary pass plays on 3rd and 2 as well.

The insanity of putting Tyrod in and the only tangible result being to put Joe in a 3rd and long hole on a consistent basis (as in this game) is overwhelmingly INSANE. Get Joe some guys who can BLOCK, RUN with the football, CATCH passes - and oh yeah - an offensive coordinator with a BRAIN. The success that this team is going to achieve is with a Joe Flacco centric offense. Tyrod Taylor is a regression!

Blog Entries

Using Tyrod on occasion is perfectly fine and clearly he has speed and agility to make things happen when used sparingly as a change of pace.

However, how they used him today was totally absurd, I have no idea what they were thinking. That stuff is something you use two or three times a game if the offense is struggling, not something you use over and over again throughout the game. Leave the overuse of the gimmick stuff to a JV offense like the Jets, not this one that has a legitimate QB.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Using Tyrod on occasion is perfectly fine and clearly he has speed and agility to make things happen when used sparingly as a change of pace.

However, how they used him today was totally absurd, I have no idea what they were thinking. That stuff is something you use two or three times a game if the offense is struggling, not something you use over and over again throughout the game. Leave the overuse of the gimmick stuff to a JV offense like the Jets, not this one that has a legitimate QB.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.