Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Tyrod Taylor be included more often?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Thanks for giving Pitt one less thing to prepare for
    All they had to do was watch the 2nd half of the Jets game. Jets OWNED our Wildcat in 2nd half, it was painfully obvious how to defend it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This quote puts things in better perspective...

WNST ‏@WNST 1m
    Flacco: "I'm all for doing things to get better, but we're not going to be good if we can't get good at what we do 90% of the time." #Ravens
    It certainly does.

(And isn't that closer to the way I interpreted what he was saying vs what you originally said?)

Blog Entries

All they had to do was watch the 2nd half of the Jets game. Jets OWNED our Wildcat in 2nd half, it was painfully obvious how to defend it.
    It's still one more thing on a short week. Not a big deal but the smart thing to do would've been not to comment yet IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

because its straight from 2010 and no longer has surprise appeal. If were trying to be creative, maybe we shouldnt be looking into the past.

although when you run an offense that became popular in the late 70's, 2010 is quite a jump...
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    because its straight from 2010 and no longer has surprise appeal. If were trying to be creative, maybe we shouldnt be looking into the past.

although when you run an offense that became popular in the late 70's, 2010 is quite a jump...
    The Cowboys seem to be doing pretty well with this system; they have someone on staff who knows it back and forth and can tweak it to his player's strengths. I believe this year they added more wrinkles when they brought in an OC. IMO we need a competent OC and that is the problem more than the system.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4677/joe-flacco

Speaking Tuesday, Joe Flacco savaged the Ravens' use of the Wildcat in Sunday's win over the Jets.

Flacco said the Wildcat makes the Ravens "not look like an NFL team," and a "high school team." Somewhere, Tony Sparano is crying. "I don’t care where it’s used, I’m just not a big fan of it," Flacco said. "I’m the quarterback. I want to be behind the line of scrimmage." Flacco also pledged to simply stand around when split out wide on future Wildcat snaps. "I’m not doing a single thing. I’m not blocking, I’m not doing anything." Tyrod Taylor had limited success running the Wildcat on Sunday. It certainly sounds like it won't be a big part of the Ravens' offense going forward
    Really Joe? Way to be a leader.

Maybe he should step his game up so we don't have to use a gimmick to try and get the offense going.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Flacco also pledged to simply stand around when split out wide on future Wildcat snaps. "I’m not doing a single thing. I’m not blocking, I’m not doing anything." Tyrod Taylor had limited success running the Wildcat on Sunday. It certainly sounds like it won't be a big part of the Ravens' offense going forward
    Sounds very unlike Joe. Makes me wonder if he said it as a description to his duties on the plays and not what he's pledging to do if those plays are called again.

If he meant the later, I lost a ton of respect for Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post

Maybe he should step his game up so we don't have to use a gimmick to try and get the offense going.
    I want to hear the full quote/context here. Sounds to me more like he was saying he has no responsibilities on those plays and is just sort of a waste of a spot on the field. I highly doubt if the coaches wanted him to block that he would refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post

Here is the quote and context from Rotoworld:

Flacco also pledged to simply stand around when split out wide on future Wildcat snaps. "I’m not doing a single thing. I’m not blocking, I’m not doing anything."
    Here was the quote and context from Zrebriec's story:

Asked specifically about his role on the wildcat plays, Flacco said, “I’m not doing a single thing. I’m not blocking, I’m not doing anything.”
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2lmWJjMR8

I don't think "blast" is exactly accurate, either.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Here is the quote and context from Rotoworld:

Here was the quote and context from Zrebriec's story:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2lmWJjMR8

I don't think "blast" is exactly accurate, either.
    Figures rotoworld got it wrong.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    No problem. Of course I expect the national story will be about Flacco "blasting" the offensive coaches and "pledging" not to do anything if that type of play is run.

Here it comes in 3, 2, 1....

Bringing in Tyrod to run a read-option type play is perfectly fine on 3rd and 1 and 3rd and 2, etc, imo. Or even maybe 1-2 times on 1st down where we would normally run Rice for 1 yard anyway.

Any more than 2-4 times per game or in those circumstances is too much.

But Joe has to realize, and I think he does, that there is a 0% chance Tyrod sees the field if our offense was not so horrible otherwise.

I have no idea how much practice time was 'lost' for Joe while practicing these Tyrod plays (one would think Tyrod could practice with the 2nd team for the most part, with a quick walkthrough with the 1st team at the end), but the issue is how bad the standard offense is. Change that, and no one has a reason to start looking for anything, anything at all, that will move the chains.