Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should Tyrod Taylor be included more often?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Against Chicago in the 4th Qtr, Tyrod with fresh legs may have made a difference. Been a lot of backups this year and last that made the Ravens defense look mediocre. Right situation, anything could happen. Defenses have figured out Flacco and it has shown this year. Yea, your right, as usual, don't try anything different. Do the same old plays, see what it has done for the Ravens this year. SMH
    Hahahahahaha.

Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I don't see any downside at all in raising Tyrod's usage from 2 plays per season to 2 plays per game.

As long as they are creative plays that make the defense defend something they haven't spent time preparing for. Read-option type plays, or even rollout run-pass options.

Not sure I see a ton of upside either, but I definitely think it would a low-risk proposition.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hahahahahaha.

Right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont see anything wrong with his statement its pretty legit and lot of folks on this board agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No.

The league is littered with great college players who don't pan out as starters. Just because he had success at Va Tech or had fast 40 times doesn't mean he'd have success in the pros. To put it simply, if he was a pro athlete, someone would have made a trade offer.

The league figured out the Wildcat in 2010. No need for gimmicks. It's an off year and the problem is glaring -- the offensive line.
    Steve Young.... reading your response... I could not help, but think of Steve Young.... Young is a classic example of what an opportunity and system can do for a player. Historically, NFL is loaded with players who were written off and became serviceable player or even a Hall of Fame player.

Tryod is in the league for some time, and it wouldn't hurt to see what he has in store for us, especially we arent getting anything done offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I don't see any downside at all in raising Tyrod's usage from 2 plays per season to 2 plays per game.

As long as they are creative plays that make the defense defend something they haven't spent time preparing for. Read-option type plays, or even rollout run-pass options.

Not sure I see a ton of upside either, but I definitely think it would a low-risk proposition.
    I'd agree with this. I see some opportunities for some big plays though once teams start to commit to it.

Just don't do it and make it a Donte Stallworth scenario where every time he comes on the field it's gonna be an end around without fail.

Blog Entries

are we talking about the wildcat? thats so 2010...

Im not in favor of putting our backup QB out there as a WR/RB/Or anything. If he were good enough to be one of those positions, hed be playing it full time, in which case id be for it. Hes not the WR Doss/Brown/thompson are. Hes not the RB Rice or Pierce are. Hes not the QB that Flacco is. So what are we gaining?

if were talking 1-2 plays... early downs... id still say its a waste of time for a gimmick. Tyrod isnt a top 5 skill player on this team. were not even getting our top players in positions to make plays and now we think going deeper down the depth pool is going to improve our chances? highly unlikely.

if we lose 1 of the next 3.... sure throw him in there. seasons likely over anyway.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i dont see anything wrong with his statement its pretty legit and lot of folks on this board agree.
    I'm not surprised that you don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

Im not in favor of putting our backup QB out there as a WR/RB/Or anything. If he were good enough to be one of those positions, hed be playing it full time, in which case id be for it. Hes not the WR Doss/Brown/thompson are. Hes not the RB Rice or Pierce are. Hes not the QB that Flacco is. So what are we gaining?

if were talking 1-2 plays... early downs... id still say its a waste of time for a gimmick. Tyrod isnt a top 5 skill player on this team. were not even getting our top players in positions to make plays and now we think going deeper down the depth pool is going to improve our chances? highly unlikely.

if we lose 1 of the next 3.... sure throw him in there. seasons likely over anyway.
    This.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWedra View Post
    In my personal opinion, I'd like to see Tyrod more often!!

Thoughts??

Wrote this up earlier: http://russellstreetreport.com/raven...e-taylor-made/
    I agree. The offense if struggluing this year so why not throw some new stuff in to try and throw off defenses. Besides, I don't know why all teams don't add in the 2nd string on a few plays. If your 1st string goes down you have to live with this guy, so why not get him a few reps to keep him involved. I'm sure Green Bay wishes they did this. But I do get the argument that you only get so many possessions and that could throw things off.

Taylor? Maybe. That's certainly an option. But I'd rather see them just diversify things a little bit. It's become largely either 1) inside hand-off from the gun, or 2) drop looking to throw medium to long. My gut feeling... Caldwell's turned this offense in to something resembling the Colts offense with Peyton... except (love him as I do) Joe isn't Peyton, and this line isn't that line. For the love of God, throw in some misdirection pitches, some end-arounds, some quick WR screens, a shovel pass here and there, a few RB screens. Maybe a halfback option, even if you're 98% likely to wing it out of bounds, just to make DBs and LBs realize that they can't sell out right away. Don't get me wrong, I get that the O-line is flawed... but the offense is SO vanilla right now... SO predictable... it's brutal to watch at times. You pretty much NEVER see defenders get caught out of position, because they can read the play quickly off the snap and have NO hesitation. There's no half-second delay to see if something "different" transpires.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Agreed. The read option now seems so 2012 as teams are learning to defend it. But as the Steelers did to us, I like a few wild cat/read option plays at their disposal. If the offense was clicking I'd say no, but the offense is sputtering.

If Tyrod can catch and take a bubble screen or inside combo route for 20-30 yards then I'm all for it.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver