Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Bobby Rainey - In retrospect, a mistake?

The one thing I will say is that when I saw how stuck in sand Rice was on some of those passes out of the backfield, or reflect I should say, you do think that someone like Rainey could have done more with those, given Rice's injury issues.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He had a great game. There is no way to know if he would be successful behind this line other than pure speculation. But I wish him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That makes more sense. However, he's had more than just one great game. He's had two solid preseasons; he showed he could be effective in the return game on STs; he already knew the system; and in essence, what some of us are saying is that the Ravens tossed out the window a cheap insurance policy who could have helped the team this year, and potentially in years to come. Looking at the horrible run game, the injuries to Rice and Pierce (and the h/o injuries to Pierce), and the close margin of error by which the Ravens have lost key games this year, it's certainly reasonable to conclude that Rainey could have helped this team more than any of his replacements, who have done absolutely nothing. Especially when considering that all that was needed to make him part of the 53 man roster was to put him there instead of Trawick. Or Jensen.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 11-22-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Bobby Rainey - In retrospect, a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    That makes more sense. However, he's had more than just one great game. He's had two solid preseasons; he showed he could be effective in the return game on STs; he already knew the system; and in essence, what some of us are saying is that the Ravens tossed out the window a cheap insurance policy who could have helped the team this year, and potentially in years to come. Looking at the horrible run game, the injuries to Rice and Pierce (and the h/o injuries to Pierce), and the close margin of error by which the Ravens have lost key games this year, it's certainly reasonable to conclude that Rainey could have helped this team more than any of his replacements, who have done absolutely nothing. Especially when considering that all that needed to make him part of the 53 man roster was to put him there instead of Trawick. Or Jensen.
    Can't disagree with anything there, and I'm sure the staff wishes they had him as an option now. Then again they might not use him if they had him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Can't disagree with anything there, and I'm sure the staff wishes they had him as an option now. Then again they might not use him if they had him
    Fair enough.