Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Bobby Rainey named NFC offensive player of the week

I will say that I was surprised and disappointed when they cut Rainey before the season opener. I thought he was great depth behind Rice and could return kicks as well. But it's the old 20/20 hindsight thing. Who knew Rice would get the hip flexor and have a subpar year? Nothing to be done about it now, and more power to Rainey for continued success in Tampa. It's worth remembering that the Ravens can probably get an even younger Rainey-like back in the lower rounds of the next draft.

Sometimes you just have to release players because of a "numbers" game. Yes Rainey had potential but he wasn't good stick around here but just good enough to find a home on a talent deprived 0-8 team by the time he got there. He's had a decent two weeks and now we're going to jump all over the FO because of a "miss". How about we let the season play out first before making such announcemments?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Depth.

Could they have kept Rainey instead, sure. DId they "screw up" by not keeping him, I don't think they "screwed up". Maybe in hindisght it would have made more sense, but it's not like he'd have been the difference between winning and losing. So in that sense I don't think you can say it was a screw up.

I see where you're coming from.

I just think that Rainey is someone they could have and should have kept.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I see where you're coming from.

I just think that Rainey is someone they could have and should have kept.
    I don't disagree. I thought that back in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravcolt View Post
    Rainey's attitude in the preseason was refreshing, along with his productivity. Of course, he never would have been used in our complex offensive scheme. Major screw up.
    I really loved seeing him smiling on the sideline. It looked like he was having fun, along with doing well on the field.

Depth.

Could they have kept Rainey instead, sure. DId they "screw up" by not keeping him, I don't think they "screwed up". Maybe in hindisght it would have made more sense, but it's not like he'd have been the difference between winning and losing. So in that sense I don't think you can say it was a screw up.
    Well...after Jones went out, it sure would have been nice to just bring in Rainey. He did well returning kicks in the preseason. So really...any way you slice it...he was cheap, solid insurance. And yes...the Ravens did blow it. Why is it so hard for some people to just acknowledge that?

I don't disagree. I thought that back in preseason.
    Then what are you saying now, exactly?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    :word

Barry Sanders couldn't run behind our O line.
    Yes he could.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Bobby Rainey - In retrospect, a mistake?

Oh. And thanks to whoever changed the title.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I will say that I was surprised and disappointed when they cut Rainey before the season opener. I thought he was great depth behind Rice and could return kicks as well. But it's the old 20/20 hindsight thing. Who knew Rice would get the hip flexor and have a subpar year? Nothing to be done about it now, and more power to Rainey for continued success in Tampa. It's worth remembering that the Ravens can probably get an even younger Rainey-like back in the lower rounds of the next draft.
    Really? Then why haven't they done it already?

Blog Entries

I will say that I think Rainey could have done more catching passes out of the backfield than what Rice has done. The team was aware of Rice's injury issue and we are all aware of Pierce's durability issues. Yet, they still did not put Rainey on the 53.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Boldin scored his first TD in 4 games and hasn't had a 60 yard game in a long time. He has 600+ yards but 200 is in one game and he is their 3rd WR.

People say trading him was a mistake.

Rainey has one career game vs a bad team and fans here go nuts. He made a 48 yd run Sun and had 2 TDs of 3 yds running and 1 TD of 4 yds passing.

He would have never done that down on the 1 yd line vs GB here or
    anywhere else behind this line.

He was cut because he consistently can't get that burst coming out of the backfield and two teams cut him. In Miami he had 44 yds the week before and didn't play the week before that.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

http://www.nfl.com/player/bobbyrainey/2534571/profile