Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dennis Pitta

Re: Dennis Pitta

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    This is the issue i have with this, how much of Pitta being open could be accounted to how much attention teams paid to Boldin? One poster summed this up perfect a few months ago he said when X and Y together is what made you successful why do you believe you taking away X and asking Y to do what both X and Y do to continue that success is going to work? Besides unless this offensive philosophy changes we will see the same results, i'm glad Pitta is back but this doesn't change a thing offensive scheme and philosophy wise, it would be best for him to sit out the year get completely healthy we can get him for cheap, plus build this team around Joe.
    I get your argument but I want to throw it out there that maybe Torrey and Pitta can be for a guy like Marlon Brown what Torrey and Boldin were for Pitta.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There is no next year guaranteed for Pitta with the Ravens. He's a free agent
    This pretty much sums it up. there is a possibility that next year we walk in without Pitta or Dickson.

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    If this team were to win their next three games, would you change your mind? I think that's very realistic at this point with them all being at home. A 7-6 ravens team with Pitta and three games remaining @DET, vs NE, and @CIN is a very intriguing prospect at this point
    I hadn't even thought of it until I heard it on the radio yesterday that we are 3-1 at home this season, which means we are 1-5 on the road... that's a crazy split.

So, 3 more home games, against fairly weak opponents... if the Ravens want ANY CHANCE AT ALL of making the playoffs, they BETTER win the next three games.
    I'm not nearly as concerned with DET and NE as the other poster above, and Cincy could very well be resting up for the playoffs. 5-1 or 6-0 seems actually quite plausible at this point, particularly with a healthy and productive Pitta.

Blog Entries

with most of your post, but--
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    ...Cincy could very well be resting up for the playoffs...
    I wouldn't hitch the playoff wagon to that falling star just yet. The Kittehs have at least 3 tough games remaining before the season finale (@SD, IND, @PGH, MIN) & even if they've clinched the AFC by then, there may very well be enough of a difference between the #3 and #4 seeds to make playing to win worthwhile.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think Harbaugh likes to keep the opponents guessing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I think Harbaugh likes to keep the opponents guessing.
    Agreed. I don't think that Pitta is going to play until the Vikings game.

Blog Entries

i wouldnt be surprised if he was activated... i think they want him back for Pitt. maybe he gets a few plays sunday to see how he responds?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

they haven't made a roster move so it's unlikely, but glad to see he's coming along. Would be nice to have him back for Pitt on a short week

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    they haven't made a roster move so it's unlikely, but glad to see he's coming along. Would be nice to have him back for Pitt on a short week
    My clock says 4:01pm. They don't seem to have moved him to the active roster yet - so no Pitta vs. Jets.

The other schedule aspect of him returning vs. Pitts., RWT, is a long week to recover.

Blog Entries

Yeah, confirmed out for Jets game. JLC made a tweet about him being a game time decision, but he quickly revised when several people pointed out he needed to be on active roster by 4p to be game time decision. He seems to think he's on track to play vs Pitt on Thanksgiving.

Said he had a VERY good week of practice, so there's that.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!