Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Pitta

Blog Entries

Re: Dennis Pitta

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    @Ravens: PHOTOS: Dennis Pitta was back at practice today... And his teammates we're glad to see him. http://t.co/PUQjMaPB25 http://t.co/HU2eGVkA3f

How awesome is this picture!
    Torrey was like, DENNY!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    If this team were to win their next three games, would you change your mind? I think that's very realistic at this point with them all being at home. A 7-6 ravens team with Pitta and three games remaining @DET, vs NE, and @CIN is a very intriguing prospect at this point
    Possibly, but I think that the loss to the Bears finished us. Even if we were to win the next 3, I don't like our chances in either of the last 3 games of the season. We certainly can't match Detroit's or New England's offense this year and, unless Cincy is resting players, the last game will be a very tough one as well. The Raven's have blown too many chances with either bad play or bad coaching (or both).

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Possibly, but I think that the loss to the Bears finished us. Even if we were to win the next 3, I don't like our chances in either of the last 3 games of the season. We certainly can't match Detroit's or New England's offense this year and, unless Cincy is resting players, the last game will be a very tough one as well. The Raven's have blown too many chances with either bad play or bad coaching (or both).
    Agreed, save him for next year. It would take a miracle for the Ravens to go to postseason.

Blog Entries

Am I only one who thinks this does not make a difference one bit?

I think he makes a huge difference. Flacco seemed to look for (and find) him a lot last year, esp in the playoff run.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're making a ton of assumptions here.

You don't know he's able to return. Practice doesn't equal being able to play in a game.

Yes, he's in a contract year but the team is coveting him and are going to protect their investment. And even if he's not interested in staying in Baltimore, it's still in the teams and players best interest not to cause permanent, long term damage. He suffers just as much as the team does if he loses value because he rushed back.

Teams know he's a talent. He doesn't have to showcase this season. He's going to get paid regardless.

Point is, the team is not going to play him if there's a chance of harming him further.
    when you say shelve a player, im assuming you mean a healthy one. If hes injured youre not shelving anything, hes just injured and unable.

I dont think hes going to go out there hurt, i dont think the team will let him if he wanted to. Clearly the team thinks hes going to be healthy enough to play or they wouldnt designate him for return to begin with. If hes been cleared to practice then hes healthy enough to play. its only a matter of game shape and conditioning at this point. If hes healthy enough for that and they decide to "shelf" him, he would have every right to file that complaint.

Players coming off injury are never worth what a healthy one is. That shouldnt even be in question. coming back and finishing the year is always better than not playing at all. His skills may not be in question but his health certainly will be and that effects his value greatly.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

This is the issue i have with this, how much of Pitta being open could be accounted to how much attention teams paid to Boldin? One poster summed this up perfect a few months ago he said when X and Y together is what made you successful why do you believe you taking away X and asking Y to do what both X and Y do to continue that success is going to work? Besides unless this offensive philosophy changes we will see the same results, i'm glad Pitta is back but this doesn't change a thing offensive scheme and philosophy wise, it would be best for him to sit out the year get completely healthy we can get him for cheap, plus build this team around Joe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    This is the issue i have with this, how much of Pitta being open could be accounted to how much attention teams paid to Boldin? One poster summed this up perfect a few months ago he said when X and Y together is what made you successful why do you believe you taking away X and asking Y to do what both X and Y do to continue that success is going to work? Besides unless this offensive philosophy changes we will see the same results, i'm glad Pitta is back but this doesn't change a thing offensive scheme and philosophy wise, it would be best for him to sit out the year get completely healthy we can get him for cheap, plus build this team around Joe.

This. He may need someone like Boldin on the outside to free him up underneath. We have shown that, for this year anyway, that person is not on the roster.

Pitta gives a boost to the offense, provided he's sufficiently healthy and is able to knock the rust off. That determination will be made going forward. Someone earlier said it would be great for him to come back for the Steelers game on Thanksgiving. I personally think that's being too optimistic. But then again, I didn't think Suggs would come back last year as early as he did.

However, last year was a different situation. The Ravens were in the thick of the postseason hunt rather than marginally hanging on to it. I believe that the results of the next two games are going to influence the coaches decision regarding Pitta. If the Ravens are out of the playoff hunt, Pitta probably gets less (if any) playing time. Might as well shelve him at that point, bring up Furstenburg and see what the kid can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Am I only one who thinks this does not make a difference one bit?
    Not sure it makes a difference in '13. I'm primarily thinking '14-'17.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Agreed, save him for next year. It would take a miracle for the Ravens to go to postseason.
    There is no next year guaranteed for Pitta with the Ravens. He's a free agent

Blog Entries

It's not going to make a significant difference, for many of the reason already gone over, but it could be that 3-4 point difference the Ravens need. Besides, Pitta has every reason to want to get out there since he's been cleared by the doctors. When you look at the TEs around the league. Pitta was going to have a hard go of it getting top dollar BEFORE he injured his hip. Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Vernon Davis. Now you have guys coming up like Jordan Cameron and Jordan Reed.

Besides, look at how bad it was last year with the three game losing streak. Then, look at the Denver game in the playoffs. This team isn't done until they are officially buried and, honestly, 8-8 could still get that sixth seed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore