Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dennis Pitta

Re: Dennis Pitta

This is great news. We need him badly so he can help this offense rediscover good hands. clutch play, back shoulder throws and the middle of the field.
    Last edited by pslholder96; 11-20-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Wow, this could be a big deal.

Blog Entries

i'm happy to see this...but keep in mind, there's no knowing how close to 100% he is. He could have a good bit of rust to knock off.

It would be pretty awesome to see him come out on Thanksgiving vs the Steelers and just have himself a game.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Great news that Pitta is back on the practice field. We'll have to see how soon they feel he will be ready for activation. Assuming he does return fairly soon, it could really provide a boost to the offense. You know Flacco is anxious to have Pitta back out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Pitta will be back regardless this year because he needs to prove hes healthy for Free Agency. So any talk of shelving him, just isnt going to happen. He wont be for it and would file a grievance with the NFLPA.
    Teams shelve players that are off a recent (and serious) injury all the time.

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 28m

Dennis pitta on pending free agency 'it's not something I'm thinking about I'm focused on helping this team win'

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 29m

dennis pitta 'if I'm able to contribute at some point this year that would be great'

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 30m

Dennis pitta 'I got to be able to play at an elite level we'll see how I progress in next few weeks not sure about timetable'

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 31m

Dennis pitta 'it feels awesome I feel great I'm going to take it slow I had no setbacks'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Teams shelve players that are off a recent (and serious) injury all the time.
    youre not going to get a player thats able to return, in a contract year, to agree to that. If he was under contract next year, i could see it, but if hes this close to coming back, hell be back because it only increases his value if he can prove no lingering issues. with his injury there should be little risk of causing damage, it would just be whether or not hes effective.

I dislocated my hip, no fracture or torn ligaments in my early 20s. I remember once they put it back in that i was basically fine to walk around and what not. Dr said i could resume lifting after a week of light duty. I can say my "explosion" wasnt the same for a good while and even my running didnt seem normal (almost like my one leg was longer than the other). It took a few weeks to go back to where i was athletically vs good enough to walk around. Im not sure how the fracture part has impacted him. Im sure he wasnt able to return to working out nearly as quick so hed probably have some limitations in that aspect alone. Doesnt mean he cant have a quick turn around either.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    i'm happy to see this...but keep in mind, there's no knowing how close to 100% he is. He could have a good bit of rust to knock off.
    And with the rust, how quickly is he going to be able to get back in synch with Flacco?

For that matter, how much is the memory of that injury going to affect him when he's contesting a catch? Somewhere in the back of his mind he has to be thinking, If I can fracture a hip just landing wrong in practice, what might happen out there where every defender is trying to send me to the ICU? Wouldn't anyone be at least a little gunshy going up for a Flacco fastball in traffic? And how much is a slightly-gunshy Pitta going to be able to contribute?

It would be pretty awesome to see him come out on Thanksgiving vs the Steelers and just have himself a game.
    Yes. Yes it would.

But in a season trending decidedly toward the almost, the if-only, the just-barely-not-in-time, anyone of a fatalistic (some would say realistic) bent would expect that Pitta would return to form only after the team has been all but eliminated. And that at the end of the season the Ravens will finally be the team we all foresaw at the beginning--the team that no one would want to face in the playoffs--but no one will have to because they ran out of time.

(NB I am not hoping for this, I am simply pointing out that practically every time this season they've needed someone to step up they've found someone to step in it instead. I hope they turn that around starting Sunday, but even though past [lack of] performance is no guarantee of future results, it's hard to feel optimistic.)

And if he returns...who gets cut, Clark or Dickson?

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Pitta will be back regardless this year because he needs to prove hes healthy for Free Agency. So any talk of shelving him, just isnt going to happen. He wont be for it and would file a grievance with the NFLPA.

I think theres little doubt that if Pitta was healthy at least 1 or 2 of those close losses become close wins. Which makes a world of difference right now in a muddled AFC.
    That was my first thought: could we stash him to drive down his price in FA?

Even though they are big games (as all remaining games are at this time), hard to see him playing vs. Jets this weekend or Pitts. on Thurs. (especially if we don't beat the Jets). Dec. 8, with it's pseudo bye week practice schedule, seems like a reasonable target date (again, pending the outcome of the Jets & Pitts. games).

Blog Entries

Seems to me that Stokely would be the most obvious roster move.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Seems to me that Stokely would be the most obvious roster move.
    Makes sense in a way. OTOH, IF Stokley ever gets healthy, do they really need 1 TE and 2 so-so TEs?