Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59

Thread: Dennis Pitta

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,565

    Re: Dennis Pitta



    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    That was my first thought: could we stash him to drive down his price in FA?
    IF Pitta feels like he is ready to play and the team stashes him then we can just say goodbye to him. No way does he takes such a mickey mouse ploy by the team.




  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,425
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Teams shelve players that are off a recent (and serious) injury all the time.

    This ^^

    The Ravens have exclusive control over a player coming off the PUP/Reserve IR list.

    My thinking is this.. You run the risk of showcasing him as a season-saver if you bring him back and we go on run where he scores a few TD's.. Then he walks out the door as an un-restricted free agent at the end of the season. The Ravens are liable to ease him back into the lineup.. Just enough to get his feet wet. And then hope to get a bargain price on him for next season.




  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Behind enemies lines Shitsburgh
    Posts
    858

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    We'll I just hope that having Pitta back around in practice and meetings will get Flacco pumped up. That alone would help this very important home stand that Joe has to be lights out with. I so hope it's at least pumps our QB up to bombs always all next week to make A Pitta return worth while. I'm pumped and looking forward to see Joe do the thing Sunday and Thursday.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in a Purple Haze
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    @Ravens: PHOTOS: Dennis Pitta was back at practice today... And his teammates we're glad to see him. http://t.co/PUQjMaPB25 http://t.co/HU2eGVkA3f


    How awesome is this picture!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

    NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!




  5. #35

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I just read he is practicing today. Good news!

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Really no sense in bringing him back this year. We aren't going to the playoffs, so why would the team want to bring him back?




  6. #36

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Really no sense in bringing him back this year. We aren't going to the playoffs, so why would the team want to bring him back?
    If this team were to win their next three games, would you change your mind? I think that's very realistic at this point with them all being at home. A 7-6 ravens team with Pitta and three games remaining @DET, vs NE, and @CIN is a very intriguing prospect at this point




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,373
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    @Ravens: PHOTOS: Dennis Pitta was back at practice today... And his teammates we're glad to see him. http://t.co/PUQjMaPB25 http://t.co/HU2eGVkA3f


    How awesome is this picture!
    Torrey was like, DENNY!!
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #38

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    If this team were to win their next three games, would you change your mind? I think that's very realistic at this point with them all being at home. A 7-6 ravens team with Pitta and three games remaining @DET, vs NE, and @CIN is a very intriguing prospect at this point
    Possibly, but I think that the loss to the Bears finished us. Even if we were to win the next 3, I don't like our chances in either of the last 3 games of the season. We certainly can't match Detroit's or New England's offense this year and, unless Cincy is resting players, the last game will be a very tough one as well. The Raven's have blown too many chances with either bad play or bad coaching (or both).




  9. #39

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Possibly, but I think that the loss to the Bears finished us. Even if we were to win the next 3, I don't like our chances in either of the last 3 games of the season. We certainly can't match Detroit's or New England's offense this year and, unless Cincy is resting players, the last game will be a very tough one as well. The Raven's have blown too many chances with either bad play or bad coaching (or both).
    Agreed, save him for next year. It would take a miracle for the Ravens to go to postseason.




  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Am I only one who thinks this does not make a difference one bit?




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,979

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    I think he makes a huge difference. Flacco seemed to look for (and find) him a lot last year, esp in the playoff run.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  12. #42

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're making a ton of assumptions here.

    You don't know he's able to return. Practice doesn't equal being able to play in a game.

    Yes, he's in a contract year but the team is coveting him and are going to protect their investment. And even if he's not interested in staying in Baltimore, it's still in the teams and players best interest not to cause permanent, long term damage. He suffers just as much as the team does if he loses value because he rushed back.

    Teams know he's a talent. He doesn't have to showcase this season. He's going to get paid regardless.

    Point is, the team is not going to play him if there's a chance of harming him further.
    when you say shelve a player, im assuming you mean a healthy one. If hes injured youre not shelving anything, hes just injured and unable.

    I dont think hes going to go out there hurt, i dont think the team will let him if he wanted to. Clearly the team thinks hes going to be healthy enough to play or they wouldnt designate him for return to begin with. If hes been cleared to practice then hes healthy enough to play. its only a matter of game shape and conditioning at this point. If hes healthy enough for that and they decide to "shelf" him, he would have every right to file that complaint.

    Players coming off injury are never worth what a healthy one is. That shouldnt even be in question. coming back and finishing the year is always better than not playing at all. His skills may not be in question but his health certainly will be and that effects his value greatly.
    -JAB




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    This is the issue i have with this, how much of Pitta being open could be accounted to how much attention teams paid to Boldin? One poster summed this up perfect a few months ago he said when X and Y together is what made you successful why do you believe you taking away X and asking Y to do what both X and Y do to continue that success is going to work? Besides unless this offensive philosophy changes we will see the same results, i'm glad Pitta is back but this doesn't change a thing offensive scheme and philosophy wise, it would be best for him to sit out the year get completely healthy we can get him for cheap, plus build this team around Joe.




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,505

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    This is the issue i have with this, how much of Pitta being open could be accounted to how much attention teams paid to Boldin? One poster summed this up perfect a few months ago he said when X and Y together is what made you successful why do you believe you taking away X and asking Y to do what both X and Y do to continue that success is going to work? Besides unless this offensive philosophy changes we will see the same results, i'm glad Pitta is back but this doesn't change a thing offensive scheme and philosophy wise, it would be best for him to sit out the year get completely healthy we can get him for cheap, plus build this team around Joe.

    This. He may need someone like Boldin on the outside to free him up underneath. We have shown that, for this year anyway, that person is not on the roster.




  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,982

    Re: Dennis Pitta

    Pitta gives a boost to the offense, provided he's sufficiently healthy and is able to knock the rust off. That determination will be made going forward. Someone earlier said it would be great for him to come back for the Steelers game on Thanksgiving. I personally think that's being too optimistic. But then again, I didn't think Suggs would come back last year as early as he did.

    However, last year was a different situation. The Ravens were in the thick of the postseason hunt rather than marginally hanging on to it. I believe that the results of the next two games are going to influence the coaches decision regarding Pitta. If the Ravens are out of the playoff hunt, Pitta probably gets less (if any) playing time. Might as well shelve him at that point, bring up Furstenburg and see what the kid can do.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland