Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Marc Trestman knows his crap

Interesting insight but it's not particularly brilliant. Just a measured and detailed thought-process.

WRT the Ravens, time didn't have anything to do with it. Failure to execute and failure to score a TD did.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Since about week 3-4 Harbs reaps of desperation in his decisions all the way around. The fear of tanking it after winning the SB krept into his mind early in the season and may be our undoing this year.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Didn't quite read all of that but this is a man that made an MVP out of Rich Gannon. (and so far is making McNown look like a legit player) I figure hes a pretty sharp guy.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    ...Apparently they liked 3 wides better than goal line down there? The only pass play we have out of that that ever works is the little flip over the middle that Boldin kept hitting in the playoffs and that Torrey is starting to hit. But other than that, we have no other reliable pass plays down there. Sometimes the little 2 yarder in the flat to Leach, but that's really all we have.
    Not just in this one scenario (though in hindsight I'd be curious to see if it would have worked)... I could swear I could count the number of WR screens they've run this year on one hand. I'm sure I'm wrong... but the perception is still there! :) Have Doss show a corner from the slot, have Torrey immediately run towards Joe, throw the quick hitter at him coming towards the pocket, and then put it on Torrey to catch, turn up-field, and dive for the two yards. You're hoping Doss' route makes his man take a step or two back, and also does just enough to disrupt the CB covering Smith, that he gets just enough free release to make the turn. If he can square up and turn without a guy hitting him immediately, he probably gets enough to get in...

2ndDownPlay.jpg

Blog Entries

Trestman has done a lot with that offense. If Cutler could stay healthy, he'd prob be a pro bowler this year under Trestman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Great analysis on the strategy. Bill Belichick was in the same situation last night and didn't use his timeouts while the Panthers were driving. Now I know why.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Didn't quite read all of that but this is a man that made an MVP out of Rich Gannon. (and so far is making McNown look like a legit player) I figure hes a pretty sharp guy.
    Trestman was a very good hire by the Bears. I like Lovie Smith too but after years of confusion on offense they really needed this. I'm curious to see what they do with Cutler who is a free agent after the season. With Trestman I could see them franchising Cutler and drafting a QB. That would give them a season to make a decision instead of just spending a boatload on a player who seems to have a lot of injury history.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Trestman was a very good hire by the Bears. I like Lovie Smith too but after years of confusion on offense they really needed this. I'm curious to see what they do with Cutler who is a free agent after the season. With Trestman I could see them franchising Cutler and drafting a QB. That would give them a season to make a decision instead of just spending a boatload on a player who seems to have a lot of injury history.
    That's what I think they will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Interesting insight but it's not particularly brilliant. Just a measured and detailed thought-process.

WRT the Ravens, time didn't have anything to do with it. Failure to execute and failure to score a TD did.
    If he really made all those considerations in real time, then I think it's pretty brilliant. It's one thing to know the information. It's another to be able to recall and process all of it in a high stakes situation with very limited time.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I'm so jealous. I wish we had bright, innovative coaches like that. Maybe we do, but they're on leashes of Harbaugh's arrested development as a coach.
    Bears fans wish they had a Super Bowl winning coach.

His explanation doesn't impress me at all. He should have called a timeout exactly where he said he was next to the ref and about to, after we made 1st and goal from the 5 yard line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens2006 View Post
    Not just in this one scenario (though in hindsight I'd be curious to see if it would have worked)... I could swear I could count the number of WR screens they've run this year on one hand. I'm sure I'm wrong... but the perception is still there! :) Have Doss show a corner from the slot, have Torrey immediately run towards Joe, throw the quick hitter at him coming towards the pocket, and then put it on Torrey to catch, turn up-field, and dive for the two yards. You're hoping Doss' route makes his man take a step or two back, and also does just enough to disrupt the CB covering Smith, that he gets just enough free release to make the turn. If he can square up and turn without a guy hitting him immediately, he probably gets enough to get in...

2ndDownPlay.jpg
    When I was watching the game that is basically the play I had THOUGHT they were going to run , given the personnel. Why else would you have that personnel package in the game? I thought they'd have Torrey set a pick for Doss with a throw to the front pylon.