Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

The second wild card is still up for grabs

I know everybody is down, and the general feeling is the season over, but the second wild card is up for grabs. Right now do you guys feel the JETS, Dolphins,
    Steelers, Browns or Chargers are any better than us. These are the teams we are competing against at this point. And two of those teams we get to play the next two weeks AT HOME!.
    Ray Rice looked more himself (granted against the worst run D in the league) The weather took away our biggest strength on D ( the edge rushers) I'm seeing some signs of progress. (I know I'm going to hear it for that remark) but come on the season isn't over yet.
    Win the next two and lets see how it goes.

Re: The second wild card is still up for grabs

I like the optimism, but pass it to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Yards View Post
    I know everybody is down, and the general feeling is the season over, but the second wild card is up for grabs. Right now do you guys feel the JETS, Dolphins,
    Steelers, Browns or Chargers are any better than us. These are the teams we are competing against at this point. And two of those teams we get to play the next two weeks AT HOME!.
    Ray Rice looked more himself (granted against the worst run D in the league) The weather took away our biggest strength on D ( the edge rushers) I'm seeing some signs of progress. (I know I'm going to hear it for that remark) but come on the season isn't over yet.
    Win the next two and lets see how it goes.
    With a win today we would have been the 6th seed and looking pretty good but now we are hanging on by a thread.

Honestly so disgusted right now, especially not getting that td at the end of regulation, that I can't even think playoffs. How about, win a road game? Maybe a couple wins changes my tune. There's just something, actually a lot, wrong with this team.

Blog Entries

LOL we still talking bout playoffs??

iggyman555 Guest

we gonna make geno smith look like peyton manning

iggyman555 Guest

if geno doesnt turn the ball over next week rex's d will destroy us

Blog Entries

I feel like the Steelers, Browns, and Chargers are almost certainly better than us...we'll see about the Jets.

Their problem is their remaining schedule consists of five of six games against playoff contenders (if you consider the Ravens playoff contenders at 4-6), including a final stretch of @DET, NE, @CIN, and they probably have to win at minimum five of those six. It's not happening. They needed this win today to give them a little wiggle room down the road and couldn't get it done.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I feel like the Steelers, Browns, and Chargers are almost certainly better than us...we'll see about the Jets.

Their problem is their remaining schedule consists of five of six games against playoff contenders (if you consider the Ravens playoff contenders at 4-6), including a final stretch of @DET, NE, @CIN, and they probably have to win at minimum five of those six. It's not happening. They needed this win today to give them a little wiggle room down the road and couldn't get it done.
    I don't see any way that this team beats those three teams and I don't see us beating pitt. Maybe the Jets and Minnesota at home, but they're the only games I see us winning. 6-10 record should put us in pretty good draft position.

When you lose to the likes of EJ Manuel, Jason Campbell, and Josh McCown, and your only road win is against Ryan Tannehill, it's hard to get optimistic about anything left on our schedule.

And that's IF... IF this coaching staff could finally get a grasp on how to:

A) Call successful plays from inside the 5 to seal a win.
    B) Continue to play aggressive and TO WIN on defense.
    C) Play to your $120 Million QB's strengths.
    D) Have the balls to actually call an unexpected play.

Only THEN would I feel a little better about this team's final 6 games. But after 10 games, I'm seeing the same old stupid shit. It's almost as if they refuse to change their mindset for fear of having to admit they're wrong.

In regards to item D above, if the Ravens would have run a fake on that FG at the end of regulation, I'd bet a million dollars they'd have made it. Have Koch take the snap, then pitch it out to Tucker who strolls into the end zone for the game winner. Tucker would have already had momentum, and with the sloppy field, Chicago defenders would have a tough time changing directions and accelerating in time to catch Tucker heading towards the corner. But no, this coaching staff would never try something like that. Hell, they won't even throw deep to Torrey Smith anymore.
    Last edited by Beerracuda; 11-17-2013 at 11:32 PM.