Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Joe Flacco: Our Secret Weapon

I was watching Monday night football until halftime. Brady had a ridiculous completion percentage. Last I saw he was 11 of 13, with every single pass to a considerably open receiver. The passes were only 3-5 yards downfield. Newsflash: the Panthers actually tackle! Therefore, the Patriots have had no sustained success on offense despite getting a 4th down and 3rd down conversion from their Patriot-patented questionable penalties.

Brady is throwing 3 yard passes to receivers who usually pick up at least 6 extra yards. Flacco's receivers rarely get those extra yard. We got slowpoke Clark, slowpoke Rice, and super slowpoke Leach getting tackled immediately. Torrey Smith and Jacoby have fascinations for running sideways. Doss sometimes does a good job, but he doesn't make the tough catches with a consistency that the Ravens can count on. The only player who does a good job in this area is Marlon Brown. He is going to be a force on this offense for years, but for now he's still learning how to get open consistently.

This is the main problem with the offense. Receivers don't get very open on their short passes, so they rarely get those extra yards.

Peyton Manning for crying out loud seems to benefit from 20+ YAC plays fifteen times a game. Flacco would be doing every bit as good as Manning on that freakazoid offense. He'd probably have a 140+ QBR in every game. Flacco would have no problem throwing a bunch of 6 yard passes to open receivers, and then he'd have 3 amazing receivers to chuck the ball downfield to at any moment. He'd have Thomas scorching the defense in the Redzone.

In comparison--

Against the Browns, Flacco had to stiff arm an unblocked linebacker and run for his life to the sideline, buying his tight end an extra 7 seconds to get open, then wait until a split second before getting killed
    to hit Clark in triple coverage in the back of the endzone during the split-second timeframe he was conceivably open (in a tiny window).

There is no comparison. If the Ravens develop a creative, NFL-caliber offensive philosophy and scheme, along with playcalling that adapts to the flow of the game and the "looks" of the defense, Flacco will play great football. After an offseason learning and crystallizing the new, fresh offensive philosophy, Flacco will dominate.

And if the Ravens can get tough guys on the line and a few clutch, high-energy weapons, the Ravens will be the dynasty of the decade.

Remember, Flacco might have the biggest ceiling of any quarterback in NFL history. He already has the best Super Bowl performance since 1994, and the second best playoffs in NFL history. His 18-2 TD/INT ratio in the last 3 years also gives him the second best 3 year span in NFL history. That includes two dropped game-winning touchdown passes. (Read: lack of weapons)

He dominated last year with the worst superbowl-winning defense in NFL history.

This makes it insultingly obvious that the key to a Ravens dynasty is to give Joe the keys. Give the golden boy the bullets for his revolver.

He can be the Lou Reed of the quarterback position. His theme song: "Coney Island Baby."

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Joe Flacco: Our Secret Weapon

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    I was watching Monday night football until halftime. Brady had a ridiculous completion percentage. Last I saw he was 11 of 13, with every single pass to a considerably open receiver. The passes were only 3-5 yards downfield. Newsflash: the Panthers actually tackle! Therefore, the Patriots have had no sustained success on offense despite getting a 4th down and 3rd down conversion from their Patriot-patented questionable penalties.

Brady is throwing 3 yard passes to receivers who usually pick up at least 6 extra yards. Flacco's receivers rarely get those extra yard. We got slowpoke Clark, slowpoke Rice, and super slowpoke Leach getting tackled immediately. Torrey Smith and Jacoby have fascinations for running sideways. Doss sometimes does a good job, but he doesn't make the tough catches with a consistency that the Ravens can count on. The only player who does a good job in this area is Marlon Brown. He is going to be a force on this offense for years, but for now he's still learning how to get open consistently.

This is the main problem with the offense. Receivers don't get very open on their short passes, so they rarely get those extra yards.

Peyton Manning for crying out loud seems to benefit from 20+ YAC plays fifteen times a game. Flacco would be doing every bit as good as Manning on that freakazoid offense. He'd probably have a 140+ QBR in every game. Flacco would have no problem throwing a bunch of 6 yard passes to open receivers, and then he'd have 3 amazing receivers to chuck the ball downfield to at any moment. He'd have Thomas scorching the defense in the Redzone.

In comparison--

Against the Browns, Flacco had to stiff arm an unblocked linebacker and run for his life to the sideline, buying his tight end an extra 7 seconds to get open, then wait until a split second before getting killed
    to hit Clark in triple coverage in the back of the endzone during the split-second timeframe he was conceivably open (in a tiny window).

There is no comparison. If the Ravens develop a creative, NFL-caliber offensive philosophy and scheme, along with playcalling that adapts to the flow of the game and the "looks" of the defense, Flacco will play great football. After an offseason learning and crystallizing the new, fresh offensive philosophy, Flacco will dominate.

And if the Ravens can get tough guys on the line and a few clutch, high-energy weapons, the Ravens will be the dynasty of the decade.

Remember, Flacco might have the biggest ceiling of any quarterback in NFL history. He already has the best Super Bowl performance since 1994, and the second best playoffs in NFL history. His 18-2 TD/INT ratio in the last 3 years also gives him the second best 3 year span in NFL history. That includes two dropped game-winning touchdown passes. (Read: lack of weapons)

This makes it insultingly obvious that the key to a Ravens dynasty is to give Joe the keys. Give the golden boy the bullets for his revolver.

He can be the Lou Reed of the quarterback position. His theme song: "Coney Island Baby."

Blog Entries

I was wondering where this post went........

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post

In comparison--

Blog Entries

Lol!!!

I do love the fact that he's growing out the facial hair again. RAWR.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    LOL

Wow you fellas are hilarious. This thread just made my night and I'm ready for the homestand. Finally it seems that the ravens are pissed off and in a win or go home corner. It's time to man up and defend this title. I'm wacko for Flacco and boy do I hope he ball hard at the bank. Hope Brown comes back, and Dickson realize he got two months to earn a contract. It's Joe time. Against the jets and sqeelers, it's all about Joe.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Stealing this!! This is sweet!
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

Well, let's just hope that this past Sunday's pick 6 was Joe's come to Jesus moment for this year. I firmly believe that the one just before the half at home against Den last year served that purpose. Joe's famous desperation dive happened right in front of me. I did admire his effort, if not the result.

After that he carved up the Giants, sat against the Bengals, and then went on his historic playoff run. We can only hope for a similar hot streak this season because that's what it's going to take just to get us into the playoffs. Then we can worry about what happens during them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Igotstoknow View Post
    Well, let's just hope that this past Sunday's pick 6 was Joe's come to Jesus moment for this year. I firmly believe that the one just before the half at home against Den last year served that purpose. Joe's famous desperation dive happened right in front of me. I did admire his effort, if not the result.

After that he carved up the Giants, sat against the Bengals, and then went on his historic playoff run. We can only hope for a similar hot streak this season because that's what it's going to take just to get us into the playoffs. Then we can worry about what happens during them.
    Maybe we've been looking at this wrong. Maybe Flacco didn't go crazy last year because of the pick-six. Maybe, just maybe, there was some miscommunication in the bengals game and Flacco thought he was being benched for being Italian. I could see how that could get him riled up, I can especially see how that could get an Italian riled up. But then he just focused all that energy. I mean, why else would he want to run off the sideline during a kick return and tackle someone just because? Because he didn't have any dishes to "clean"? Then even after the Ravens won the superbowl, he was still cussing up a storm. What are you so angry about Joe? Get angry again! You're getting too contemplative again!