Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A very late Ravens versus Bears prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Huh?

Rain, high winds, etc always means that teams run more. That's a proven, quantifiable statistic.

Now if the weather cooperates, I agree with your analysis. But both teams will try to pound the rock more if the weather shits on them.
    I agree that windy, wet weather usually means more running, and the bears probably will. But when you have proven that you can't run the ball, you have no other choice than to pass. I completely expect us to TRY running more, I just haven't seen anything that convinces me that we will be successful at it. Ultimately, this game will be on Joe's shoulders once again.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Feels like the type of game that could set a run going - either winning or losing.

Win this and it's not a stretch to see this offensively challenged team end up suddenly at 8-5 in mid Dec after the 3 home games.

Lose it and you wince about the Ravens cocking up to NYJ or, forbid, PIT.

However, the Ravens O can make any D look HoF. The O line couldn't block Lego. The D has been a bit inconsistent on the road at times this year. The Ravens have made hard work of beating back-ups and lost in the last what 3 occasions to them?

OTOH, Chicago have lost 4 of the last 6. Their wins came against a rudderless Giants team at home by a score and to a Rodger-less Packers team albeit at Lambeau. On the whole, they're pretty mediocre.

Could end up quite similar to the last time we played in Chicago - but can we stop the run this time? That's the key.

Think if we stop Forte, Ravens win an ugly one - 13-9.

If we don't, Bears win 19-9.

Today the Ravens get their run game going. Everyone is shocked and in awe as out-of-nowhere the ravens run game dominates. Bears fans are exasperated as they wonder how their defense has turned into such a giant turd that the worst running game in history just put up 250 yards on them (run-on intended)

Ravens 27-10

We MUST run the ball today in order to win.

I have almost no confidence that we will...especially with this being on the road.

13-7 Bears...same score as HR's.

I literally have zero idea what some of you predicting ravens scores in the mid to high 20's are basing that off of other than blind hope...especially on the road in this type of weather on one of the worst fields in the league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Joe has big hands and grips a wet football well. I expect the short and intermediate passes will be fine. The stadium walls will block the ground level wind somewhat.

Ravens 17
    Bears 13

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We MUST run the ball today in order to win.

I literally have zero idea what some of you predicting ravens scores in the mid to high 20's are basing that off of other than blind hope...especially on the road in this type of weather on one of the worst fields in the league.
    Turnovers would be a good place to start

Honestly...I have no clue with this team...most inconsistent team I can remember in a long time.

If they minimize the mistakes, they can compete with anybody, and certainly beat a pedestrian Bears team.

Big if...

Quote Originally Posted by RavinFan View Post
    Turnovers would be a good place to start
    I'd never count on turnovers as a significant factor in making picks...way too many variables and it isn't like this team has been forcing a lot anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Man I hope so , I just hope that the REAL tem shows up.

Blog Entries

Ray Lewis picked the Bears

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ray Lewis picked the Bears
    Don't blame him.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Thanks to all for endorsing my belated unofficial prediction thread. No one got it correct. IMHO, if Joe avoids the 'pick 6' INT, then Lowrider and Bigfish get it right with a 17-13 Ravens win in regulation (assuming they don't add the field goal at the end).