Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Browns or Bengals?

The entire discussion is premised on the Ravens walking out with a win in Chicago.

They have a game with the Bengals remaining, so I pull for the Browns to win. They have the Steelers twice, the Patriots, the Bears and the Jets left as tough competition. The Bengals have the Steelers, Chargers, Colts facing them; and even that is not that hard. I see more of a chance for the Browns to slide than Cincy. We want the final game to have some meaning.

Of course, all of this requires the Ravens to stay competitive too.
    Captain Offense

an ugly game resulting in numerous nagging, though relatively minor injuries, that ends in a tie, and causes both teams to lose out.

Blog Entries

Bengals because we still have a game left against them. We already split with the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    an ugly game resulting in numerous nagging, though relatively minor injuries, that ends in a tie, and causes both teams to lose out.
    I think if the Ravens need collapses from both the Browns and Bengals in order to make the dance, then really, what's the point?

It only matters if we are decent the rest of the way. And if we are, we shouldn't have to worry about the Browns at all. I want the last game of the year to be for the division crown, so I'll be rooting for the Browns.

Generally I have an admiration for Marvin and the Bengals, but a real dislike of the Browns. I'll have to overcome that on Sunday.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I think if the Ravens need collapses from both the Browns and Bengals in order to make the dance, then really, what's the point?

It only matters if we are decent the rest of the way. And if we are, we shouldn't have to worry about the Browns at all. I want the last game of the year to be for the division crown, so I'll be rooting for the Browns.

Generally I have an admiration for Marvin and the Bengals, but a real dislike of the Browns. I'll have to overcome that on Sunday.
    I would argue against that logic, actually. Wouldn't you rather go 9-7 and win the North due to Cincy and Cleve collapsing than finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs on tie-breakers? Whether we limp into the post-season or roll into them is not particularly important - see last season - just get in with a chance to defend our title.

While the ultimate goal is to repeat, a secondary goal is to at least make the playoffs and avoid the ignominy of failing to make the post-season after a Super Bowl title. At least one extra week of being "Defending Super Bowl Champs!" beats the alternative.

Interesting question. With all due respect to CincyCat, I probably root for the Browns simply because that scenario tightens up the entire division, setting the stage for all sorts of wackiness down the road. Besides, while the Browns are certainly improved, it's hard for me to envision Jason Campbell staying consistent enough to lead them to a playoff spot.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Nothing personal Cincy but I would rather the Browns win for 2 reasons..... 1 obvious and 1 not so. If you guys lose it brings us that much closer to the division lead and even if we lose in Chicago as Im unfortunately predicting we'd lose no ground. Even though that would mean the Browns would be right there with us in the playoff hunt but still I like our chances down the stretch better than theirs.

Plus the more the Browns win the more it mucks up their chances at a premium draft pick. Also if the Colts keep winning as expected their other 1st rounder won't be that great either. (Unless they package those picks and mortgage their future to move up) They can't even tank right LOL.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Bengals because we still have a game left against them. We already split with the Browns.
    +1

Blog Entries

Have to root for the Browns. Sorry Cincy, Browns seem to be more of pretenders they'll find a way to screw themselves. We need to catch up and pass Cincy sooner rather than later.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Does anyone here really consider the Browns a serious wild card threat? Of course I'm rooting for them to beat the Bengals. Winning the division at 9-7 by taking the final game in Cincy is our most likely and logical path to the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Beat the hell out of each other

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yeah sorry Cincy but I'm going with the Browns. They're far less of a threat and will tank it.