Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bernard Scott

Blog Entries

Re: Bernard Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup - it's the Oline. If they can't make some holes in Chicago, then my expectations are not good for them doing it the rest of the year. This is the game to get back on track (in theory)
    In theory.... In practice, every opponent since about week 4 has done the same damn thing--brought major pressure up the middle, pressed the WRs & dared Joe to beat them. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict that da Bears'll do likewise, since the Ravens OL has yet to show itself able to handle it. We can only hope they do so this week, but prior experience is not comforting...

Roughly the same time we see Furstenberg

The real question is whether or not Harbaugh and the Ravens are really doing what Harbaugh said heading into the bye week -- "whatever it takes" to solve this team's problems. And each person is going to answer that question a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Roughly the same time we see Furstenberg
    Some of the PS inactives/desaparecidods make more sense to me. The FO is trying to milk the rookie contracts as long as they can for the likes of Furstenberg, Jensen, etc. Keeping prospects like that inactive prevents starting their service clocks, especially when they might not yet be ready to contribute. It's a sort of "redshirting" to increase eligible time under rookie contract and/or on practice squad.

But with our run game as weak as it is, I'd be tempted to see what Scott could do w/ a pitch or dump-off pass outside. Maybe even before Tyrod's next end-around...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup - it's the Oline. If they can't make some holes in Chicago, then my expectations are not good for them doing it the rest of the year. This is the game to get back on track (in theory)
    I said the same thing before the Bills game who were also horrible at stopping the run. I have 0 faith in the Ravens o-line or run game.

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    I disagree. I think we'll see him but not until he's 100% (which he may not be) and he gets the blocking scheme etc. Furthermore I don't think the Ravens paid a boatload to bring him in. As I have posted on the board twice already, I believe that the Ravens will miss the playoffs and should consider seeing who personnel-wise could possibly contribute next year. So yes, I would rather see him sooner rather than later when the team feels he's ready.
    OH, you've already determined the ravens aren't going to the postseason. Why didn't you say so. Given this strong belief of yours we should field the practice squad and see how they do.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinFan View Post
    OH, you've already determined the ravens aren't going to the postseason. Why didn't you say so. Given this strong belief of yours we should field the practice squad and see how they do.
    I said BELIEVE. It's an opinion board Dude. Bernard Scott is not on the practice squad.

Blog Entries

I could take either side of this argument and debate it strongly. That being said, it's pedal to the medal time and the definition of madness is well known. I'd throw Bernard in there and see what happens.

I guarantee Rice will become his old self quickly if Scott starts doing what I know he is capable of. He dazzled us here at times.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    I could take either side of this argument and debate it strongly. That being said, it's pedal to the medal time and the definition of madness is well known. I'd throw Bernard in there and see what happens.

I guarantee Rice will become his old self quickly if Scott starts doing what I know he is capable of. He dazzled us here at times.
    As others have eluded to, our offensive line is a trianwreck and it's not getting fixed this year, so nobody is going to dazzle anyone from the running back position. The Ravens really screwed up by naming Gradkowski the center as soon as Birk retired. That sealed our fate for the season. We have other issues on the offensive line, but none more glaring than at the center position. Hell, I'd bet that one of the cheerleaders would be an upgrade at center.