Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernard Scott

Bernard Scott

Are we going to see this guy or not? Between Rice looking like a 100 year old woman and Pierce being knicked up, maybe it's time. We can't do any worse than what's been going on in the run game to date.

Re: Bernard Scott

Worse? Absolutely. Scott was only signed two weeks ago. It will get much uglier having a new guy coming off an ACL injury trying to learn our playbook, navigate our poor run blocking and figuring out pass blocking assignments thru an OL still trying to find its way. Keep him on special teams for now until he's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Worse? Absolutely. Scott was only signed two weeks ago. It will get much uglier having a new guy coming off an ACL injury trying to learn our playbook, navigate our poor run blocking and figuring out pass blocking assignments thru an OL still trying to find its way. Keep him on special teams for now until he's ready.
    I don't see the value in signing a guy who has physical issues if that is indeed a problem. As for our playbook, what's to learn? 3-4 days should be enough. Whatever blocking he provides would also have to be better than Rice who provides none at all. But, if not him, then let's give Pierce a real shot at being the #1 back. I think people expecting a Rice renaissance are in for disappointment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Are we going to see this guy or not?
    Hey, how 'bout Bobby Rainey? he's where? In Florida...nevermind... Bc

Blog Entries

I think Bernard Scott would do well.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I don't see the value in signing a guy who has physical issues if that is indeed a problem. As for our playbook, what's to learn? 3-4 days should be enough. Whatever blocking he provides would also have to be better than Rice who provides none at all. But, if not him, then let's give Pierce a real shot at being the #1 back. I think people expecting a Rice renaissance are in for disappointment.
    I disagree. I think we'll see him but not until he's 100% (which he may not be) and he gets the blocking scheme etc. Furthermore I don't think the Ravens paid a boatload to bring him in. As I have posted on the board twice already, I believe that the Ravens will miss the playoffs and should consider seeing who personnel-wise could possibly contribute next year. So yes, I would rather see him sooner rather than later when the team feels he's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    I disagree. I think we'll see him but not until he's 100% (which he may not be) and he gets the blocking scheme etc. Furthermore I don't think the Ravens paid a boatload to bring him in. As I have posted on the board twice already, I believe that the Ravens will miss the playoffs and should consider seeing who personnel-wise could possibly contribute next year. So yes, I would rather see him sooner rather than later when the team feels he's ready.
    What is the point of signing a mid season free agent if they are not 100%

This guy passed a physical that said he can play football.

I don't think there's any issue with his health whatsoever. He's not once been listed on the injury report since he arrived.

He's likely been inactive because the Ravens haven't often kept 3 RBs active on game time, expect when the RB plays special teams as well (which, other than as a returner, I'm not sure he is adept at). Unfortunately, teams can't keep everyone active, so some back-ups are going to have to be down each week.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It literally cannot get worse. The Ravens have the worst rushing attack the NFL has seen in over a half century.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    It literally cannot get worse. The Ravens have the worst rushing attack the NFL has seen in over a half century.
    Exactly, getting worse is negative yards/carry at point. No where to go but up. Hell, I'd be happy if they come close to 3/yds avg. per carry.

Blog Entries

Benard Scott? Really? We could put Jim Brown behind that sorry ass O-line and still have the same results.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Benard Scott? Really? We could put Jim Brown behind that sorry ass O-line and still have the same results.
    Yup - it's the Oline. If they can't make some holes in Chicago, then my expectations are not good for them doing it the rest of the year. This is the game to get back on track (in theory)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!