Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: LOL - The real reason Ed Reed was cut?

Apparently, there was an AFC East bidding war of sorts...

http://fansided.com/2013/11/14/ed-re...s-called-also/

Miami makes sense for the alma mater edge, but perhaps mainly because they knew the Jets and Pats would be competing for him and they didn't want to see him going against them (play Jets twice, Pats once still).
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Trevor Pryce, Derrick Mason, Dawan Landry, Bart Scott, Billy Cundiff, and now Ed Reed. Rex Ryan has a thing for taking former Ravens.
    Jim Leonhard
    Marques Douglas
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Well I guess Rex figures he can motivate Ed when Houston couldn't (???)

Or maybe he thinks Ed will be healthy enough to play the latter part of the regular season and the playoffs, which is really all Ed seems to want to do anyway.

If it works i suppose Rex will look like a genius and folks in Houston will be seriously pissed. If it doesn't and the Jets don't make the PO's d'ya think it'll cost Rex his ass lol?
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Well I guess Rex figures he can motivate Ed when Houston couldn't (???)

If it works i suppose Rex will look like a genius and folks in Houston will be seriously pissed. If it doesn't and the Jets don't make the PO's d'ya think it'll cost Rex his ass lol?
    I see this just as another Rex big-balls, low-risk, high-reward gamble. Nothing much more to lose, and think if, for whatever reason the Jets win and if Ed had a role in it, and better yet for Rex if Ed makes a game winning play. It's be like ol' Rex rolling 7's!. Can't tell me with his his ego he's not playing one-upmanship and wouldn't love to spank Hardbaugh with a Hardbaugh cast-off to say who's you're coach now Baltimore.

Blog Entries

I think Ed still may have a tiny bit left in his tank for the end of the season. He just didn't seem motivated in Houston or wanting to be there. It's just hard to believe a drop off that big in his production from one year. No he wasn't great last year, but it's a huge difference in his production from then to now. Just hope he doesn't make any plays against us.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Jets D has been solid this year but they have been vulnerable to the deep pass. That's why he is there; time will tell if it helps

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If Joe is gonna look out for Ed, he'll apparently be looking out for #22. Kyle Wilson doesn't seem inclined to give #20 up.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Can't tell me with his his ego he's not playing one-upmanship and wouldn't love to spank Hardbaugh with a Hardbaugh cast-off to say who's you're coach now Baltimore.
    I'm sure he would, but IF it were to finally happen, all Harbaugh has to point out is that it's taken 12 Ravens castoffs, 4 QB changes, and an extremely hot seat to finally put him over. Oh by the way, we've been to the playoffs each year and won the Super Bowl, so there's that little bit too.

Blog Entries

Re: Reed Signs with the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    As one poster in that thread said, he's better than Landry but

0x0=0.

He's done.
    Actually Landry has been very good this season. He looks like he used to before that horrible injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'm amazed that he chose the Jets over the Patriots (he mentioned Pats were a possibility) - Pats are guaranteed to go to the playoffs. Rex must have really sold him on letting him be a free spirit.
    Ed knows Rex. After what happened to him in Houston a familiar coach is probably a big plus.

Blog Entries

Belichick likes Reed, but that doesn't mean Reed's freelancing style will go over well on the back end of that defense. It would be more of Reed fitting into that system. Reed knows Rex AND Rex's system, and is used to freelancing in that system, which Rex knows and openly embraces.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Belichick likes Reed, but that doesn't mean Reed's freelancing style will go over well on the back end of that defense. It would be more of Reed fitting into that system. Reed knows Rex AND Rex's system, and is used to freelancing in that system, which Rex knows and openly embraces.
    Yes, and the strength of the Jet defense is that front 4 which can take over a game, which means qbs throwing the ball earlier due to that pressure. It is the perfect defense for Ed and he is the perfect fit for it.
    He diagnoses plays so fast, he gets that jump on the ball even if he has lost 2 steps.
    Rex knows what he is getting and will use him according to what skill set he has left.