Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I think that one member was right....

whats his name with the "insider" info has been saying this for a weeks now, that there is a disconnect between coaching staff and FO, I think we shouldn't judge the book too soon he might be on to something.

http://russellstreetreport.com/the-w...s-and-coaches/

Re: I think that one member was right....

I read this earlier and was surprised about the rumored "rift" between Moeller, Montgomery and Castillo.

I think the writing may have been on the wall when Harbaugh moved Castillo to the booth. That may have been a foreshadow of things to come.
    And Castillo making $1.1M?? That's one one highly paid "run game" coordinator.
    We know the blocking scheme is not working. I can't fathom any other reason why our run game has fallen so much. Yes I know we've got some players battling injuries but that can't explain the dramatic decline.

Blog Entries

freakin 1.1mil, that unblievable whats even more unbelievable is that Harbaugh was the one that made that move.

Blog Entries

Hindsight is 20/20. How many people wanted to wash their hands of Moeller after the regular season last year? Juan Castillo was a long time, respected OL coach. Harbaugh brings him in with a fancy title to save Moeller some face. Most of us cheered the move when McKinnie was re-inserted and the OL magically improved.

One year later, things are failing and people are like "why did you try to fix what wasn't broken?!?!?!". Uhh, it WAS broken last year. Moeller WAS thought of as a liability. Did it work out? Obviously not. But people act like this was an insane move. At the time, the move was lauded by most everyone.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. How many people wanted to wash their hands of Moeller after the regular season last year? Juan Castillo was a long time, respected OL coach. Harbaugh brings him in with a fancy title to save Moeller some face. Most of us cheered the move when McKinnie was re-inserted and the OL magically improved.

One year later, things are failing and people are like "why did you try to fix what wasn't broken?!?!?!". Uhh, it WAS broken last year. Moeller WAS thought of as a liability. Did it work out? Obviously not. But people act like this was an insane move. At the time, the move was lauded by most everyone.
    The drunk fuck up is a better coach than the well respected one... Who knew?! Maybe the FO? Which is the only reason to keep both. In ozzie we trust?
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I recall the change in the offensive line ( McKinnie to LT, Osemele to RG, and Oher to RT ) occurred with the elevation of Caldwell to OC. Castillo was brought in just before the playoff run. The confusion we all presently see on the field should fall on the " Run Game Coordinator " ... Juan Castillo and no other.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but I recall the change in the offensive line ( McKinnie to LT, Osemele to RG, and Oher to RT ) occurred with the elevation of Caldwell to OC. Castillo was brought in just before the playoff run. The confusion we all presently see on the field should fall on the " Run Game Coordinator " ... Juan Castillo and no other.
    McKinnie played the Cincy game as a reserve. The shakeup came on the day we played the Colts. I think the news of Castillo came out right around then, while Caldwell was elevated before the regular season Denver game.

Regardless, we should be realistic about that switch...it mostly occurred because the guy who HAD been starting at LG, Jah Reid, had an injured toe and was out for the remainder of the playoffs. We had already seen Bobbie Williams and Ramon Harewood fail at LG, and it was thought that KO was more natural there. So KO to LG, Oher to RT, and McKinnie to LT. Now, I think a fair portion of that was McKinnie getting healthy and back in the staff's good graces too.

To be fair, I think there probably was some people who weren't thrilled about getting Castillo, but most of it was stemming from being fired from the Eagles or the Eagles connection.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Honestly, from what we've heard over the years, the disconnect between the scouts and the coaching staff is nothing new. I mean, you really don't have to think hard to see why it's there:

Jah Reid: Scouted and drafted solely as a RT. Since then, he's been moved to Guard
    Michael Oher: Scouted as a RT, constantly moved back and forth out of necessity.
    'Juice': Scouted as an H-Back, seemingly thought of in this archaic offense as an inferior full back and nothing more
    Jimmy Smith: Scouted as a pure press CB, has played more zone than man since he got here.
    Paul Kruger: Scouted as a Pass rushing DE that could stand up in a 3-4, was asked to bulk up to play the five technique
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Honestly, from what we've heard over the years, the disconnect between the scouts and the coaching staff is nothing new. I mean, you really don't have to think hard to see why it's there:

Jah Reid: Scouted and drafted solely as a RT. Since then, he's been moved to Guard
    Michael Oher: Scouted as a RT, constantly moved back and forth out of necessity.
    'Juice': Scouted as an H-Back, seemingly thought of in this archaic offense as an inferior full back and nothing more
    Jimmy Smith: Scouted as a pure press CB, has played more zone than man since he got here.
    Paul Kruger: Scouted as a Pass rushing DE that could stand up in a 3-4, was asked to bulk up to play the five technique
    This.

Blog Entries

Good points. I wonder if there's stats of player development, time to make contributions, each player's development etc, Harbaugh vs. Billick and vs other HC's. We all collectively will refer to so-and-so being a bust, but is this article about a real correlation between misuse of the scouts intended purpose for a player vs the way they're actually used?

This is bothering me so damn much, why did we spend a 4th round pick on a guy best suited for an H-Back/TE role strictly to use him as a Special Teamer? Anthony Allen was more than adequate at that and he was a 7th round pick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    This is bothering me so damn much, why did we spend a 4th round pick on a guy best suited for an H-Back/TE role strictly to use him as a Special Teamer? Anthony Allen was more than adequate at that and he was a 7th round pick.
    I think it was insurance in case they couldn't re-sign Leach and/or his eventual replacement. Juice was blowing guys up as a FB in the senior bowl and was the best in the draft. Until he outplays leach he is not seeing the field much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!