Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

I think that one member was right....

whats his name with the "insider" info has been saying this for a weeks now, that there is a disconnect between coaching staff and FO, I think we shouldn't judge the book too soon he might be on to something.

http://russellstreetreport.com/the-w...s-and-coaches/

Re: I think that one member was right....

I read this earlier and was surprised about the rumored "rift" between Moeller, Montgomery and Castillo.

I think the writing may have been on the wall when Harbaugh moved Castillo to the booth. That may have been a foreshadow of things to come.
    And Castillo making $1.1M?? That's one one highly paid "run game" coordinator.
    We know the blocking scheme is not working. I can't fathom any other reason why our run game has fallen so much. Yes I know we've got some players battling injuries but that can't explain the dramatic decline.

Blog Entries

freakin 1.1mil, that unblievable whats even more unbelievable is that Harbaugh was the one that made that move.

Blog Entries

Hindsight is 20/20. How many people wanted to wash their hands of Moeller after the regular season last year? Juan Castillo was a long time, respected OL coach. Harbaugh brings him in with a fancy title to save Moeller some face. Most of us cheered the move when McKinnie was re-inserted and the OL magically improved.

One year later, things are failing and people are like "why did you try to fix what wasn't broken?!?!?!". Uhh, it WAS broken last year. Moeller WAS thought of as a liability. Did it work out? Obviously not. But people act like this was an insane move. At the time, the move was lauded by most everyone.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Honestly, from what we've heard over the years, the disconnect between the scouts and the coaching staff is nothing new. I mean, you really don't have to think hard to see why it's there:

Jah Reid: Scouted and drafted solely as a RT. Since then, he's been moved to Guard
    Michael Oher: Scouted as a RT, constantly moved back and forth out of necessity.
    'Juice': Scouted as an H-Back, seemingly thought of in this archaic offense as an inferior full back and nothing more
    Jimmy Smith: Scouted as a pure press CB, has played more zone than man since he got here.
    Paul Kruger: Scouted as a Pass rushing DE that could stand up in a 3-4, was asked to bulk up to play the five technique
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Wow, let's stop acting like hiring Castillo was a dumb move at the time. The board was ALL ABOARD the Castillo train. He had a great track record. Other teams were competing for him. Harbaugh had clout in firing Cam Cameron middle of the season.

I'm sad the move didn't work out, but I'm not going to crucify the guy over it. I can't blame a coach for not getting complacent. He did the same thing on the defensive side by bringing in Spags, and that one's been working pretty good so far. Castillo isn't working, ok, but let's stop acting like Harbaugh is a moron for bringing in the offensive line equivalent of Dick LeBeau into our coaching staff.

Blog Entries

also, I respectfully disagree with Tony's assessment that our draft this year is looking underwhelming. Elam isn't catching fire, but he's turned into a decent starter. Arthur Brown...he's getting the 2nd most snaps at the ILB spot opposite Daryl Smith. Something tells me after next year, he'll be the starter and Jameel will be moving on. Brandon Williams made it possible for Spears to be cut, has even outplayed Ngata at times.

After that, you're talking Day 2 picks. Day 2 picks are going to be reserves most likely. We've all wondered why KJ isn't contributing. Simon, he's got some talent ahead of him on the depth chart in McPhee, Dumervil, etc. KLM isn't on IR, he's on NFI, because he tore his ACL in the NCAA Champ Game. Mellette is on IR as well, but future could be bright for him. Wagner has been the extra OL in obvious run situations. Jensen, is he even healthy right now?

I just think it's a bit of leap to suggest that this draft is underwhelming. There were a lot of these players who we figured may take a year or so to hit their stride.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Given that the member in question gave three versions of what may happen, all of which surrounded the horrible play of Gino, I am not so quick to give him credit.

Anyone with two eyeballs can see Gino is steaming pile of poo on the field and that his ouster is all but certain. It's just a matter of when.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Wow, let's stop acting like hiring Castillo was a dumb move at the time. The board was ALL ABOARD the Castillo train. He had a great track record. Other teams were competing for him. Harbaugh had clout in firing Cam Cameron middle of the season.

I'm sad the move didn't work out, but I'm not going to crucify the guy over it. I can't blame a coach for not getting complacent. He did the same thing on the defensive side by bringing in Spags, and that one's been working pretty good so far. Castillo isn't working, ok, but let's stop acting like Harbaugh is a moron for bringing in the offensive line equivalent of Dick LeBeau into our coaching staff.
    Offensive line equivalent of Dick Lebeau? I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

Blog Entries

no I don't think no one is saying it was dumb move prior to these results the run game was broke under moeller too, we all sang praises when we hired Castillo he was known for being the man at the Oline position, but its the disconnect we are seeing manifesting with the type of players we have the this coaching staff not using them to their strentghs it went back tot eh last few years with Cam Cameron, but I don't think Cam was the main proble, as Excel pointed out we have seen so many players being tweaked and messed with I think more than we ever seen under the Harbaugh era than the Billick era. Castillo may have been a great hire if we had the right type of Oline men to run it, but we don't so instead of changing the scheme to what works we keep jamming that square peg into that round hole.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Honestly, from what we've heard over the years, the disconnect between the scouts and the coaching staff is nothing new. I mean, you really don't have to think hard to see why it's there:

Jah Reid: Scouted and drafted solely as a RT. Since then, he's been moved to Guard
    Michael Oher: Scouted as a RT, constantly moved back and forth out of necessity.
    'Juice': Scouted as an H-Back, seemingly thought of in this archaic offense as an inferior full back and nothing more
    Jimmy Smith: Scouted as a pure press CB, has played more zone than man since he got here.
    Paul Kruger: Scouted as a Pass rushing DE that could stand up in a 3-4, was asked to bulk up to play the five technique
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post

I don't think anyone is saying Castillo's move was a dumb one at the time. You're right. Just about everybody was gungho about the move.
    But now that we're 10 weeks into the season, the stubbornness to stick with this blocking scheme is getting dumber and dumber by the week.