Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Reed released

While the Ravens could certainly use leadership, I'm not sure Ed's the right guy. And I'm not sure Harbaugh would be in favor of an outspoken guy like Reed coming back. But at least it would break the monotony that's been the 2013 Ravens. Mix things up a bit. Get some good quotes like: "We were outcoached by x,y,z team". Yeah. I'm sure Harbaugh would really go for that right now. On second thought...BRING 'IM BACK!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We don't have the cap space for a vet minimum deal for a 10 year veteran.
    We would only pay him for 7 games. So it's a pro-rated amount. From what I see on twitter, assuming his CURRENT contract only carries about 400k and change of game checks. We have that.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Bring him home.

Here is my magical dream scenario: Pitta and Reed return and we go on a rampage.

lol.

Man reed is savvy...$6M snooker.

How far the mighty have fallen. Sad to see. Wouldn't mind seeing Ed back here but I think he might have burned the bridges a little.
    Last thing Harbaugh needs is for Ed to "speak the truth" when the sees this offense up close.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Well, the Texans are still paying him, right?
    According to Ian Rapoport, $6M guaranteed - $2M signing bonus, $1M roster bonus, $1M base & $2M advance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    How far the mighty have fallen. Sad to see. Wouldn't mind seeing Ed back here but I think he might have burned the bridges a little.
    Last thing Harbaugh needs is for Ed to "speak the truth" when the sees this offense up close.
    BOOM. And there ends this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Isn't Houston pretty much paying his entire 2013 salary though?
    I believe that because of the guaranteeing of his Houston salary, we could claim Reed on waivers and only pay like $400k. I'm still not sure we can really comfortably fit that under the cap, but it might be possible.

I personally would welcome Ed back with open arms, but I don't see it happening. Harbaugh never liked Ed, so given the choice I don't think he'd sign #20 even at 0 cost. I'm also not sure how Ed would take riding the bench behind Elam and Dig.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    According to Ian Rapoport, $6M guaranteed - $2M signing bonus, $1M roster bonus, $1M base & $2M advance.
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 33s
    Ed Reed is subject to waivers. Is owed about $400,000 on the remainder of his salary. Had $5M in guarantees in Texans contract

iggyman555 Guest

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2222

Texans waived S Ed Reed.
    A shell of himself at age 35 with hip and knee issues, Reed had been demoted to third-string safety behind Shiloh Keo and D.J. Swearinger. In the Week 10 loss at Arizona, he only logged 12 snaps while playing exclusively in dime packages. After the game, Reed said Texans were "outplayed" and "outcoached." With the 2-7 Texans now in rebuilding mode, they don't need a proud veteran like Reed griping. They'll eat the $6 million guaranteed they gave the ex-Raven back in March and move on. Reed is a nine-time Pro Bowler and future Hall of Famer, but any team bringing him in should keep expectations in check. He's near the end of the line

Blog Entries

At least he got paid. And his time as a Raven player is over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I absolutely love Ed and I'd love for him to come back. I'd rather have him on the roster than Trawick.

But I understand why he won't be brought back.

Sad to see it end this way.

Maybe at the very least he can do one of those cheesy 1 day signings and retire here in the offseason. He deserves it.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The only thing that makes sense -- logical and economical -- would be to bring him back as a coach. That way it circumvents the whole cap regs. Because as a player he's so done it's not even funny. And the secondary/safeties are just starting to gel. No need to gunk up the works with some sentimental fan favorite who can't play his position any longer.