Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bobby Rainey, Joe Flacco, and Tyrod Taylor

All have something in common:

They are better running backs than Ray Rice.

Re: Bobby Rainey, Joe Flacco, and Tyrod Taylor

Sometimes I think you just want to get a rise out of folks on here LOL

Blog Entries

For one week, we weren't the worst rushing team in the league.

Miami: 14 rushes, 2 yards.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Kudos to Bobby Rainey...really happy for him tonight! Plays with a lot of heart and guts!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I don't think Barry Sanders in his prime could run anywhere behind our line, let alone Bobby Rainey.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't think Barry Sanders in his prime could run anywhere behind our line, let alone Bobby Rainey.
    He'd probably find it tough sledding, but nowhere near as tough as Rice. The whole meme of "Rice is fine, it's just the line" can go away now--Pierce averaged 3.9 YPC vs. Rice's 1.7 (!) on Sunday and was the far, far superior runner.

Game tape has shown it all along as well. Rice is playing like the worst starting tailback in the league right now, maybe tied with Lamar Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    He'd probably find it tough sledding, but nowhere near as tough as Rice. The whole meme of "Rice is fine, it's just the line" can go away now--Pierce averaged 3.9 YPC vs. Rice's 1.7 (!) on Sunday and was the far, far superior runner.

Game tape has shown it all along as well. Rice is playing like the worst starting tailback in the league right now, maybe tied with Lamar Miller.
    I am not suggesting Rice isn't without fault either. He's dropping on first contact, something he never used to do.

But the missed assignments, bad blocking and general confusion from this O line would make Sanders an average back, thus I don't see how Bobby Rainey would have made any difference this year had we kept him.

Blog Entries

I can't state enough that they should be limiting Rice's touches and using him as more of an outlet in the receiving game.

Pierce should be getting a bulk of the actual carries.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Because Pierce has just looked so good this year?

I am not suggesting Rice isn't without fault either. He's dropping on first contact, something he never used to do.

But the missed assignments, bad blocking and general confusion from this O line would make Sanders an average back, thus I don't see how Bobby Rainey would have made any difference this year had we kept him.
    +1. Rice should be used as a decoy and receiver. On passing downs I'd like to see Leach in and used as Joe's bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by ikethegreat View Post
    Because Pierce has just looked so good this year?
    Had some pretty solid runs yesterday. Nothing amazing, but he was making people miss
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

What would've been different is the Ravens would've had a better running back.

A girl that's a three is still better than a .5. Ray Rice is .27.