Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 60

Thread: Chris Christie

  1. #16

    Re: Chris Christie



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    In all fairness, Obama and the Senate Dems didn't really want to try and work on the ACA at all. Thus why they passed it the way that they did.

    I think had they actually looked at trying to work something out where both parties had input on it, then they wouldn't have had to get the law passed like they did. Additionally, I think that would have made the Republicans had no ground to stand on for trying to repeal it.
    The republicans never wanted to work on it either. Show me where there was a republican speaking for ACA where they wanted it but just needed to fix a few things... I dont think that ever was the case. If it was, it probably was to pass the law and work on it, which never followed through with.

    thats pretty much my point, both sides only want their way and that goes back for a long time. Its a two way street, not a democrat problem.
    -JAB




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,744

    Re: Chris Christie

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The republicans never wanted to work on it either. Show me where there was a republican speaking for ACA where they wanted it but just needed to fix a few things... I dont think that ever was the case. If it was, it probably was to pass the law and work on it, which never followed through with.

    thats pretty much my point, both sides only want their way and that goes back for a long time. Its a two way street, not a democrat problem.
    There was never anytime for it to be the case. Even if there was they wouldn't have changed anything in it because it is designed to to away with insurance as it's currently provided. Change something and it stays as is.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #18

    Re: Chris Christie

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i find it funny that the republicans (Bush) are getting labeled as bipartisan. The last bipartisan president we had was Clinton and half the shit he gets blamed for was republican ideas that he supported. I wish i could remember the book or at least the author, but there was one by a republican official of some sorts that basically outlined their entire strategy for a democratic president. In short, stop them from doing anything. Its better to look incompetent than let them get what they want. Thats where were at, almost to a Tee. You can say the left is trying to just get everything they want, but you cant say the right is innocent on why its like that right now because they arent trying to work together, theyre trying to stop it entirely. their way of working together is trying to get what they want or nothing.

    everyones quick to point out problems with ACA, but when they went to work on it did they? no, they just voted to repeal it completely. 50 times. its a joke, and both sides are the punchline and the citizens are the butt of it.
    Almost all the credit Clinton gets was Republican ideas or him compromising towards Republican positions, I am not sure what you are talking about getting "blamed for." Certainly not balancing the budget (or almost), or welfare reform.

    And Obama attempting to compromise? Seriously? There is no evidence whatsoever that is the case and plenty of evidence it is pure nonsense. You have to separate politically motivated lies and empty pleas for comity from the administration's actions. The former exist, because they fool some people (obviously), but the latter inevitably put the lie to the former.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Chris Christie

    Thanks Solo. Great thread and I'm with HR. I often am.
    The GOP is so fractured nobody can win especially if Hilly runs and she will. Like I said, Tea Partiers will stay home if Christie proves to be a RINO and then the libbies will stay home if Cruz wins. That's fractured.

    Your right too saying Christie cares more about his people. That's what the guv is suppose to be. His people come first and damn with the party but not all politicians are that way.

    And speaking of Mitt running a bad campaign, he was scared to death to mention LIbya in the debates for turning independents vs him just like McCain was scared to bring up Jeremiah Wrong for being called a racist.

    OBY won both elections playing the race card.

    As for Christie not being like MItt, again, he only wins
    if the TEa Party supports him. If they see him as another
    Rino they will go home.

    And one last point on Mitt running a campaign, OBY did too. It was his worse but he was the incumbent and he always wins except in a couple of cases like Carter and the other Rino H. Bush.

    Don't forget, Rove saw this and begged Christie to run but he wasn't ready yet.

    And while he loves his people, he over did it with that hug during Sandy. He went too far.

    Rush was right. Conservatives are still in the majority of the country. OBY just got by with the Spanish and white female vote with 30M or so conservative Christians staying home once again. Just a fraction of those conservatives win both elections. It's the only way the DEMs can win.

    One last interesting point about those female votes he got, they are now turning vs him because 50M people just lost their health plans after their companies dropping them because it was so expensive. One lady was crying on TV saying she had cancer and couldn't pay. JonBoy and I said a hundred times in here that was going to happen.

    Their website cost $500,000 and by a company that gave OBY a lot of money for his campaign. Both their website and O BUMMER CARE are a train wreck.

    The very women that voted for him because of it are losing their plans.

    We told you so bitch.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,526

    Re: Chris Christie

    If this poll is accurate, Christie isn't too popular outside of NJ ….

    http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...etical-16-race
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #21

    Re: Chris Christie

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If this poll is accurate, Christie isn't too popular outside of NJ ….

    http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...etical-16-race
    He wouldn't even win New Jersey against Clinton. She polled better than him in the exit polls conducted in his most recent landslide win. And that election was engineered to keep Democratic turnout low (by scheduling the Booker special election earlier).

    Christie would be better for the country than Clinton, imo, but that isn't saying much.

    I think it is safe to say that barring something very unexpected, Clinton is a lock to win in 2016. Though the Obamacare debacle increasing, combined with a Republican candidate no one is thinking about right now, just might change the outlook.




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Chris Christie

    O'Reilly asked if O'BUMMER CARE would be done away with and the analyst said no. It's the law but it's falling under it's under weight, just like the old USSR.

    It could be a bogus law.

    Maybe Roberts knew what he was doing afterall. He knew it would fail with history looking on him favorably as being fair to all.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Chris Christie

    As for Slick Willie and the GOP, it was Dick Morris, his advisor and guy who got him elected said to go along with the GOPs and balance the budget. You'll get the credit for it and he was sure right.

    History gives him the credit while Newt and his boys put the screws on him to balance the budge. Most DEMs don't even know that or want to.




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chris Christie

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    O'Reilly asked if O'BUMMER CARE would be done away with and the analyst said no. It's the law but it's falling under it's under weight, just like the old USSR.

    It could be a bogus law.

    Maybe Roberts knew what he was doing afterall. He knew it would fail with history looking on him favorably as being fair to all.
    One of the things that politicians never considered was that most laws are statutes by which constituents are supposed to adhere to.

    The ACA law is attempting to provide an actual service or deliverable to the American people. Laws just aren't supposed to be that way.

    Also, the entire roll out is an epic steaming hot pile of FAIL on so many levels.

    I think the only way that the ACA can actually work is if the entire thing is state run and offered/funded through the state. That way states could have their own referendum and allow the citizens of each state to truly determine if they want a socialized healthcare option, they can be a part of the ACA and abide by ACA guidelines.

    The United States is just far too big and far too diverse for something like a centralized and federally run healthcare program to work.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chris Christie

    Christie on the ACA:

    http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...alk_shows.html
    Meanwhile, Christie was critical of the controversial rollout of the Affordable Care Act also known as Obamacare calling the law "a mistake" and "a failed policy."

    Obama has come under fire for erroneous comments he made over the last few years that everyone who liked their health care provider could keep it under the new system.

    "The fact is: The president didn't tell people the truth," Christie said on ABC.

    The governor defended his decision to allow the federal government to run New Jersey's exchange rather than the state instituting it.

    "Anyone who has managed anything could see that this was a train wreck, and I was not gonna get the people of New Jersey involved in this train wreck," Christie said on CBS.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chris Christie

    Christie on Gun Control:

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-of-questions/
    “We want to control violence,” Christie said. “Some of that may involve firearms, but a lot of it doesn’t. In fact my focus has been on making sure that mental health is done in a much more aggressive way in New Jersey.”

    “I am for violence control,” he added.

    “But is gun control is part of it?” Wallace asked.

    “Well, it can be,” Christie conceded. “And in New Jersey I have signed some of those measures. But, I have also vetoed measures that I thought were overreaching and not consistent with Second Amendment rights.”
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chris Christie

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If this poll is accurate, Christie isn't too popular outside of NJ .

    http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...etical-16-race
    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    He wouldn't even win New Jersey against Clinton. She polled better than him in the exit polls conducted in his most recent landslide win. And that election was engineered to keep Democratic turnout low (by scheduling the Booker special election earlier).

    Christie would be better for the country than Clinton, imo, but that isn't saying much.

    I think it is safe to say that barring something very unexpected, Clinton is a lock to win in 2016. Though the Obamacare debacle increasing, combined with a Republican candidate no one is thinking about right now, just might change the outlook.
    There is no doubt that a candidate like Christie is going to have a tough road ahead of him to win the GOP and the Presidency.

    However, (this is totally my opinion) I think someone like Christie is going to be a lot easier for a majority of Americans to digest than someone like a Ted Cruz simply because Cruz is REALLY extreme on a lot of social issues.








    ...please keep in mind that my whole purpose for starting threads like this is mainly so I can learn more about the different potential candidates...
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,526

    Re: Chris Christie

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There is no doubt that a candidate like Christie is going to have a tough road ahead of him to win the GOP and the Presidency.

    However, (this is totally my opinion) I think someone like Christie is going to be a lot easier for a majority of Americans to digest than someone like a Ted Cruz simply because Cruz is REALLY extreme on a lot of social issues.

    ...please keep in mind that my whole purpose for starting threads like this is mainly so I can learn more about the different potential candidates...
    I think that's two different things though.

    You've talked before of your disdain for Fox News. While I agree that their general quality of journalism is indeed biased, keep in mind that it's the only outlet out there right now that's going to give you the side of the GOP / right wing on things.

    I bring this up because programs like Special Report (my all time favorite news analyses show) does a great job in cutting through the BS on both sides, offering viewers a clearer picture than say ABC or CBS. I am not suggesting giving up the conventional media outlets. Rather, adding the more responsible programs from FNC (and NOT the talking head shows like Hannity, O'Reilley, etc) into your viewing habits.

    Circling back to your original points, I think expanding your news viewing will help you evaluate not only the individual candidates, but the landscape in which they play. It's that landscape, not the candidate, that's going to dictate the type of candidate that will be elected. And unless that landscape changes, it won't be Christie.

    And I don't think Rand Paul is as extreme as you think he is. He's extreme for the MSM but that's not saying much.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,923
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Chris Christie

    It just doesn't seem that Rand Paul has anywhere near the clout that his dad has/had.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Chris Christie

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    One of the things that politicians never considered was that most laws are statutes by which constituents are supposed to adhere to.

    The ACA law is attempting to provide an actual service or deliverable to the American people. Laws just aren't supposed to be that way.

    Also, the entire roll out is an epic steaming hot pile of FAIL on so many levels.

    I think the only way that the ACA can actually work is if the entire thing is state run and offered/funded through the state. That way states could have their own referendum and allow the citizens of each state to truly determine if they want a socialized healthcare option, they can be a part of the ACA and abide by ACA guidelines.

    The United States is just far too big and far too diverse for something like a centralized and federally run healthcare program to work.
    That ain't happening. You guys keep forgetting that Roberts ruled the states didn't have to contribute anything at all. According to the law, the Feds contribute most of it for the first 4 years and then the states kick in the rest as you say.

    It was the 22 states that brought to suit to SCOTUS so when Roberts OKed the law, he said the states didn't have to contribute anything at all.

    That is the beauty of Roberts decision. While OBY thought he had the biggest W since wellfare reform, he and nobody understood the part where the states don't pay into it.

    The states said in the beginning they won. Roberts ruled in their favor. That's what I said before, Roberts knew the law would fail under it's own weight while history would look on him favorably for being kind to the underdog and not going to party affiliation.

    NObody understood that magnitude of the states not paying except Roberts.

    Like said last night on FOX, the law is here but will always be bogus especially if the Feds try to pay it all when the states don't have to in 4 years.

    It's bogus now with 50M already losing plans. More will continue and any of those people who voted for him are getting what they deserve.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-12-2013 at 10:00 PM.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland