Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
Why not just vote for a democrat?
Because you get someone like Obama, who isn't really moderate at all. IMO, he is to the Democratic party as Ted Cruz is to the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN
Not entirely true. A) There wasn't one B) The closest one wasn't a good candidate. C) Name the last moderate republican to win (remember GW was put up as a conservative and pretty much ran as one)
W was thought by many to be moderate. Yes, he did run as a conservative, but he was pretty moderate on a lot of issues. Additionally, W was willing to work with everyone. He didn't do this "My way, or the higway" crap that the current administration does.

That's their problem. They need to stop worrying about what other people will vote for. That's how we got Romney (a moderate republican). I'm not sure if Santorum or Gingrich would have won, but they would have gone after the areas Obama was weak instead of that being their weak point too.
I totally agree with this sentiment. In actuality, their choice in Mitt wasn't the worst thing in the world, but his campaign was horribly run. I dont know if he was taking the high road or what, but he didn't take advantage of the situation at all.

Unlike Mitt, Christie knows how to run a campaign.

After Obamacare goes into full effect and people can't afford the new premiums cause a) they are too expensive and b) thier hours have been reduced to part-time no one is going to give a shit about working together. They're going to want someone who they believe will do what they say.
There are a million different possibilities surrounding the ACA and pretty much all roads, IMO, lead to it being reformed; not altogether repealed. Even if Ted Cruz is elected as the next President, it would probably be easier for him to get both sides to work together (if he wanted to) in order to reform the law. Repealing it altogether would be a big deal and could be too risky for the GOP to truly "authorize".