Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie

Blog Entries

Re: Chris Christie

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Why not just vote for a democrat?
    Because you get someone like Obama, who isn't really moderate at all. IMO, he is to the Democratic party as Ted Cruz is to the Republican Party.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN
    Not entirely true. A) There wasn't one B) The closest one wasn't a good candidate. C) Name the last moderate republican to win (remember GW was put up as a conservative and pretty much ran as one)
    W was thought by many to be moderate. Yes, he did run as a conservative, but he was pretty moderate on a lot of issues. Additionally, W was willing to work with everyone. He didn't do this "My way, or the higway" crap that the current administration does.

That's their problem. They need to stop worrying about what other people will vote for. That's how we got Romney (a moderate republican). I'm not sure if Santorum or Gingrich would have won, but they would have gone after the areas Obama was weak instead of that being their weak point too.
    I totally agree with this sentiment. In actuality, their choice in Mitt wasn't the worst thing in the world, but his campaign was horribly run. I dont know if he was taking the high road or what, but he didn't take advantage of the situation at all.

Unlike Mitt, Christie knows how to run a campaign.

After Obamacare goes into full effect and people can't afford the new premiums cause a) they are too expensive and b) thier hours have been reduced to part-time no one is going to give a shit about working together. They're going to want someone who they believe will do what they say.
    There are a million different possibilities surrounding the ACA and pretty much all roads, IMO, lead to it being reformed; not altogether repealed. Even if Ted Cruz is elected as the next President, it would probably be easier for him to get both sides to work together (if he wanted to) in order to reform the law. Repealing it altogether would be a big deal and could be too risky for the GOP to truly "authorize".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

i find it funny that the republicans (Bush) are getting labeled as bipartisan. The last bipartisan president we had was Clinton and half the shit he gets blamed for was republican ideas that he supported. I wish i could remember the book or at least the author, but there was one by a republican official of some sorts that basically outlined their entire strategy for a democratic president. In short, stop them from doing anything. Its better to look incompetent than let them get what they want. Thats where were at, almost to a Tee. You can say the left is trying to just get everything they want, but you cant say the right is innocent on why its like that right now because they arent trying to work together, theyre trying to stop it entirely. their way of working together is trying to get what they want or nothing.

everyones quick to point out problems with ACA, but when they went to work on it did they? no, they just voted to repeal it completely. 50 times. its a joke, and both sides are the punchline and the citizens are the butt of it.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 11-12-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i find it funny that the republicans (Bush) are getting labeled as bipartisan. The last bipartisan president we had was Clinton and half the shit he gets blamed for was republican ideas that he supported. I wish i could remember the book or at least the author, but there was one by a republican official of some sorts that basically outlined their entire strategy for a democratic president. In short, stop them from doing anything. Its better to look in competent than let them get what they want. Thats where were at. You can say the left is trying to just get everything they want, but you cant say the right is innocent on why its like that right now because they arent trying to work together, theyre trying to stop it entirely.

everyones quick to point out problems with ACA, but when they went to work on it did they? no, they just voted to repeal it completely. 50 times.
    In all fairness, Obama and the Senate Dems didn't really want to try and work on the ACA at all. Thus why they passed it the way that they did.

I think had they actually looked at trying to work something out where both parties had input on it, then they wouldn't have had to get the law passed like they did. Additionally, I think that would have made the Republicans had no ground to stand on for trying to repeal it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    In all fairness, Obama and the Senate Dems didn't really want to try and work on the ACA at all. Thus why they passed it the way that they did.

I think had they actually looked at trying to work something out where both parties had input on it, then they wouldn't have had to get the law passed like they did. Additionally, I think that would have made the Republicans had no ground to stand on for trying to repeal it.
    The republicans never wanted to work on it either. Show me where there was a republican speaking for ACA where they wanted it but just needed to fix a few things... I dont think that ever was the case. If it was, it probably was to pass the law and work on it, which never followed through with.

thats pretty much my point, both sides only want their way and that goes back for a long time. Its a two way street, not a democrat problem.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

The republicans never wanted to work on it either. Show me where there was a republican speaking for ACA where they wanted it but just needed to fix a few things... I dont think that ever was the case. If it was, it probably was to pass the law and work on it, which never followed through with.

thats pretty much my point, both sides only want their way and that goes back for a long time. Its a two way street, not a democrat problem.
    There was never anytime for it to be the case. Even if there was they wouldn't have changed anything in it because it is designed to to away with insurance as it's currently provided. Change something and it stays as is.

i find it funny that the republicans (Bush) are getting labeled as bipartisan. The last bipartisan president we had was Clinton and half the shit he gets blamed for was republican ideas that he supported. I wish i could remember the book or at least the author, but there was one by a republican official of some sorts that basically outlined their entire strategy for a democratic president. In short, stop them from doing anything. Its better to look incompetent than let them get what they want. Thats where were at, almost to a Tee. You can say the left is trying to just get everything they want, but you cant say the right is innocent on why its like that right now because they arent trying to work together, theyre trying to stop it entirely. their way of working together is trying to get what they want or nothing.

everyones quick to point out problems with ACA, but when they went to work on it did they? no, they just voted to repeal it completely. 50 times. its a joke, and both sides are the punchline and the citizens are the butt of it.
    Almost all the credit Clinton gets was Republican ideas or him compromising towards Republican positions, I am not sure what you are talking about getting "blamed for." Certainly not balancing the budget (or almost), or welfare reform.

And Obama attempting to compromise? Seriously? There is no evidence whatsoever that is the case and plenty of evidence it is pure nonsense. You have to separate politically motivated lies and empty pleas for comity from the administration's actions. The former exist, because they fool some people (obviously), but the latter inevitably put the lie to the former.

Blog Entries

Thanks Solo. Great thread and I'm with HR. I often am.
    The GOP is so fractured nobody can win especially if Hilly runs and she will. Like I said, Tea Partiers will stay home if Christie proves to be a RINO and then the libbies will stay home if Cruz wins. That's fractured.

Your right too saying Christie cares more about his people. That's what the guv is suppose to be. His people come first and damn with the party but not all politicians are that way.

And speaking of Mitt running a bad campaign, he was scared to death to mention LIbya in the debates for turning independents vs him just like McCain was scared to bring up Jeremiah Wrong for being called a racist.

OBY won both elections playing the race card.

As for Christie not being like MItt, again, he only wins
    if the TEa Party supports him. If they see him as another
    Rino they will go home.

And one last point on Mitt running a campaign, OBY did too. It was his worse but he was the incumbent and he always wins except in a couple of cases like Carter and the other Rino H. Bush.

Don't forget, Rove saw this and begged Christie to run but he wasn't ready yet.

And while he loves his people, he over did it with that hug during Sandy. He went too far.

Rush was right. Conservatives are still in the majority of the country. OBY just got by with the Spanish and white female vote with 30M or so conservative Christians staying home once again. Just a fraction of those conservatives win both elections. It's the only way the DEMs can win.

One last interesting point about those female votes he got, they are now turning vs him because 50M people just lost their health plans after their companies dropping them because it was so expensive. One lady was crying on TV saying she had cancer and couldn't pay. JonBoy and I said a hundred times in here that was going to happen.

Their website cost $500,000 and by a company that gave OBY a lot of money for his campaign. Both their website and O BUMMER CARE are a train wreck.

The very women that voted for him because of it are losing their plans.

We told you so bitch.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.

If this poll is accurate, Christie isn't too popular outside of NJ ….

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...etical-16-race

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If this poll is accurate, Christie isn't too popular outside of NJ ….

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...etical-16-race
    He wouldn't even win New Jersey against Clinton. She polled better than him in the exit polls conducted in his most recent landslide win. And that election was engineered to keep Democratic turnout low (by scheduling the Booker special election earlier).

Christie would be better for the country than Clinton, imo, but that isn't saying much.

I think it is safe to say that barring something very unexpected, Clinton is a lock to win in 2016. Though the Obamacare debacle increasing, combined with a Republican candidate no one is thinking about right now, just might change the outlook.

Blog Entries

O'Reilly asked if O'BUMMER CARE would be done away with and the analyst said no. It's the law but it's falling under it's under weight, just like the old USSR.

It could be a bogus law.

Maybe Roberts knew what he was doing afterall. He knew it would fail with history looking on him favorably as being fair to all.

Blog Entries

As for Slick Willie and the GOP, it was Dick Morris, his advisor and guy who got him elected said to go along with the GOPs and balance the budget. You'll get the credit for it and he was sure right.

History gives him the credit while Newt and his boys put the screws on him to balance the budge. Most DEMs don't even know that or want to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    O'Reilly asked if O'BUMMER CARE would be done away with and the analyst said no. It's the law but it's falling under it's under weight, just like the old USSR.

It could be a bogus law.

Maybe Roberts knew what he was doing afterall. He knew it would fail with history looking on him favorably as being fair to all.
    One of the things that politicians never considered was that most laws are statutes by which constituents are supposed to adhere to.

The ACA law is attempting to provide an actual service or deliverable to the American people. Laws just aren't supposed to be that way.

Also, the entire roll out is an epic steaming hot pile of FAIL on so many levels.

I think the only way that the ACA can actually work is if the entire thing is state run and offered/funded through the state. That way states could have their own referendum and allow the citizens of each state to truly determine if they want a socialized healthcare option, they can be a part of the ACA and abide by ACA guidelines.

The United States is just far too big and far too diverse for something like a centralized and federally run healthcare program to work.