Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco and the Polar Extreme fans

Dalton and Flacco may be comparable in that they both were inconsistent early in their careers only to break through eventually.

But there is one significant difference: Flacco never had the weapons on offense that Dalton has at his disposal. Save for the fluke play at the end of regulation, that would have been 3 games out of 10 that the Bengals scored 10 pts or less. With that offense, that is inexcusable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Cincy,
    You REALLY need to come over to the dark side! ;)
    I did last year. Remember? :)
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Dalton and Flacco may be comparable in that they both were inconsistent early in their careers only to break through eventually.

But there is one significant difference: Flacco never had the weapons on offense that Dalton has at his disposal. Save for the fluke play at the end of regulation, that would have been 3 games out of 10 that the Bengals scored 10 pts or less. With that offense, that is inexcusable.
    Or poor coaching?

I'll admit I do find myself a little bit over-protective when it comes to Joe.

In part because he's the first Ravens quarterback in the entire history of the franchise who's been worth a damn and gives us pride. Yes, I appreciate Dilfer's game management skills in 2000 and thought he should have been brought back the following season. Yes, McNair was decent in the time he was here. Yes, Testaverde took the first ever snap in team history. But let's face it. Joe Flacco is really the first Raven Quarterback.

In part because, to me, the Divisional Game against the Broncos was a religious type experience for me. Not that the AFC Championship Game against the Patriots or the Super Bowl were any less incredible, but that one game against Manning and the Broncos was just monumental. Cinematic, even. And when Joe hit Jacoby at 31 seconds in the 4th quarter, it was divine. It was the sense of hopelessness instantly dissolved into sheer joy. It was the pain of the last year's AFCC immediately erased. And it was a sense that Joe indeed had earned the right to at least be in the conversation with the big boys.

In part, it's because I've always liked guys who fly just a little below the radar. Sure, it's fashionable for some to like Brady, Manning, Rogers or Brees....the four QBs who always hog the attention. And they may very well be the four best quarterbacks in the game. But I like the guy who's been able to--at least at times--play with the best of them, and yet not get the headlines. I like a good underdog. And love when that underdog finally gets his day, which is what he got last year.

Listen, I know Joe's not the best quarterback in the league. I know he's got his flaws, his limitations. And I know he cannot singlehandedly make this team win. (No quarterback can singlehandedly make their team win. None of them. Not even Johnny U.). But he's good, very good, and at times downright brilliant. And in my opinion, he's earned my respect and loyalty.

You may think I'm crazy, but if somehow Manning/Brady/Rogers/Brees magically became available and expressed interest in coming to the Ravens, I wouldn't want any of them over Joe. He's our quarterback and I'm sticking with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Cincy,
    You REALLY need to come over to the dark side! ;)
    Haha.

I was going to say he really needs to start talking more shit because this nice guy act has me suspicious...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

There's nothing wrong with apologists except whenever there are player comparison threads where they won't admit another player is actually better than the player they dickride.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    I'll admit I do find myself a little bit over-protective when it comes to Joe.

In part because he's the first Ravens quarterback in the entire history of the franchise who's been worth a damn and gives us pride. Yes, I appreciate Dilfer's game management skills in 2000 and thought he should have been brought back the following season. Yes, McNair was decent in the time he was here. Yes, Testaverde took the first ever snap in team history. But let's face it. Joe Flacco is really the first Raven Quarterback.

In part because, to me, the Divisional Game against the Broncos was a religious type experience for me. Not that the AFC Championship Game against the Patriots or the Super Bowl were any less incredible, but that one game against Manning and the Broncos was just monumental. Cinematic, even. And when Joe hit Jacoby at 31 seconds in the 4th quarter, it was divine. It was the sense of hopelessness instantly dissolved into sheer joy. It was the pain of the last year's AFCC immediately erased. And it was a sense that Joe indeed had earned the right to at least be in the conversation with the big boys.

In part, it's because I've always liked guys who fly just a little below the radar. Sure, it's fashionable for some to like Brady, Manning, Rogers or Brees....the four QBs who always hog the attention. And they may very well be the four best quarterbacks in the game. But I like the guy who's been able to--at least at times--play with the best of them, and yet not get the headlines. I like a good underdog. And love when that underdog finally gets his day, which is what he got last year.

Listen, I know Joe's not the best quarterback in the league. I know he's got his flaws, his limitations. And I know he cannot singlehandedly make this team win. (No quarterback can singlehandedly make their team win. None of them. Not even Johnny U.). But he's good, very good, and at times downright brilliant. And in my opinion, he's earned my respect and loyalty.

You may think I'm crazy, but if somehow Manning/Brady/Rogers/Brees magically became available and expressed interest in coming to the Ravens, I wouldn't want any of them over Joe. He's our quarterback and I'm sticking with him.
    WOW are you reading my mind?! This is exactly how I feel about Joe. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    WOW are you reading my mind?! This is exactly how I feel about Joe. :)

At this point I would say Joe's balls have been sufficiently cleaned.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    In other news, Mike Glennon is reminding me of a young Joe...

Extreme camps? Nah!

As long as we have a competitive team like the Ravens and a QB not named Stoney Case, the Water Buffalo, or Kyle Boller, I'm in freakin' Camp Happy.

Joe Flacco is a very good QB who can be great with a decent supporting cast. He can be sensational at times and he can occasionally stink up the joint. He is good many more times than he is bad and he's the best QB this franchise has had to date.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Lmao.

I guess you didn't like that "Come over to the dark side" shit and had to say something random eh? :D
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    Lmao.

I guess you didn't like that "Come over to the dark side" shit and had to say something random eh? :D
    No, just observing. I rooted for the Ravens through last years post season. Read my sig. I like Flacco.