Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Is something wrong in this picture?

He was lined up with his foot parallel to the ball (in the neutral zone), I just re-watched it on NFL Rewind. But I don't think anyone can expect a call there, it wasn't blatant enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    He was lined up with his foot parallel to the ball (in the neutral zone), I just re-watched it on NFL Rewind. But I don't think anyone can expect a call there, it wasn't blatant enough.
    This. The Bengals are actually in a fairly obviously illegal formation. Not only is the LWR lined up in the neutral zone--both of the Bengals OTs are not on the LOS. When it comes to alignment of the OL the refs will usually let you get away with lining your OTs up a little off the line, but not nearly 2 yards off, as they are there.

You're not going to see any such calls on a Hail Mary play, though. They're just going to let that go. There were far more egregious officiating errors in the game--I'd say it was one of the most poorly officiated games I've ever seen. You can't expect much more from Walt Coleman.

Blog Entries

Number of rushers was irrelevant. Watch Suggs on that play, he's going through the motions and not getting tangled in a block. He's not TRYING to get to the QB. He's trying to get the OL to back up and be ready if he has to run back and cover a hook and lateral thing.

If you want to attack anything there, attack the fact that the rushers we had weren't even trying to rush the passer.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Pure an simple aside from nuetral zone thing. It's an illegal formation thier are not six Bengals on the LOS. Coleman is awful almost Winters bad. How Coleman didn't rule AJ Greens fumble a fumble on replay was beyond awful.

The frame right before the snap (the C has moved the ball back further). :)

ScreenshotBengalsOffside2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Pure an simple aside from nuetral zone thing. It's an illegal formation thier are not six Bengals on the LOS. Coleman is awful almost Winters bad. How Coleman didn't rule AJ Greens fumble a fumble on replay was beyond awful.
    To be lined up "on the line of scrimmage", you don't actually have to be as close to the line as possible. From the rulebook: A player (non-snapper) is considered on the LOS if his helmet breaks the plane which passes through the Center's belt.

http://www.blogandtackle.net/wp-cont...FLRuleBook.pdf
    (Section 18, Article 2)

Not sure how low their guy wears his pants, but this alignment was maybe, MAYBE borderline at worst. Never gonna get called.
    Last edited by MarkS; 11-11-2013 at 06:27 PM.