Blog Entries

Denver just provided a coaching lesson.

They were aggressive and got the first down that should end the game in San Diego, but Manning took a hit to his legs (legal) that has him limping off the field.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: Denver just provided a coaching lesson.

Their offense just looks so simple yet effective. They run the ball a LOT and it's effective because teams can't stack the box. And Manning has become even better at reading defenses.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

They have three 1,000+ yard receivers and this years new hotness at TE. Plus, they've got an offensive game plan designed to get the ball out in pretty much under 4 seconds consistently.

Peyton is a shell of his former self physically and their goal is to allow him to get the ball out as quickly as possible to their play maker receivers.

It is a simple offense. It is just perfectly run and plays to the strengths of each player.

Case and point: they run that damn bubble screen to Demaryius Thomas each week and no one can stop it. It isn't a big secret that it is coming either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Peyton can prove his greatness in post season. It's a given they win the division. History says Peyton will repeat what he has already done. Play well, but more then likely fall short, again. Wish him luck, but I believe that he will not win a SB this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Their offense just looks so simple yet effective. They run the ball a LOT and it's effective because teams can't stack the box. And Manning has become even better at reading defenses.
    It's all picks, rubs and WR screens...they really stretch the offensive PI call to it's limit. He RARELY throws a pass longer than 15 yards. Most of thier WRs are blocking downfield on these rubs before the ball is thrown which are penalities but never called.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Case and point: they run that damn bubble screen to Demaryius Thomas each week and no one can stop it. It isn't a big secret that it is coming either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I swear every time I see that play, it goes for big yards and/or a td.

So what exactly is the lesson? Go after Peyton Manning next time he's eligible for free agency LOL

Obviously getting the ball out quickly would help tremendously but the problem is that Harbs is a run first kind of coach. He's stubbornly sticking to this philosophy but in his defense switching to a more pass oriented offense puts them in a more vulnerable position because the OL can't block and the receivers are not used to running routes designed to get the ball to them quickly .

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Obviously getting the ball out quickly would help tremendously but the problem is that Harbs is a run first kind of coach. He's stubbornly sticking to this philosophy but in his defense switching to a more pass oriented offense puts them in a more vulnerable position because the OL can't block and the receivers are not used to running routes designed to get the ball to them quickly .
    At 61.44%, the Ravens currently rank 11th in the league in percentage of passing plays. More than Denver, btw.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct