Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jimmy ripped into Ihedigbo and rightfully so.

The other play where this was an issue was the throw that Dalton made into double coverage. Smith has great deep coverage and the ball is under-thrown. Instead of knocking the ball down, however, Dig gets greedy, not recognizing who he's covering, and Green ends up getting the ball on the tip.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I loved the passion from Jimmy Smith on that one. You could read his lips and he was laying into Ihedigbo saying "You always knock that down" over and over again. He had all of the right in the world to be mad. In Heady's defense, though, he had no way of knowing where A.J. Green may have been once he went for the ball and was most likely trying to swat it away from Green.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Overly harsh IMHO.

It was a split second decision and he made a mistake...I don't think once the ball was deflected he would have had anywhere near the time to say to himself "I got an INT right here".

It was just a bad time for a natural reaction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Agreed. Instincts reacting in a split second. I don't blame Dig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Ihegdibo gets a pass. Other than a fluke hail Mary, he played the best game of his career.

Jimmy Smith played well too. He is finally living up to that first round billing.

Blog Entries

If this shit brick offense and dumbass offensive coaches and the dumb ass center played and call some creativity it shouldn't have come to that. We seriosuly need to blow this offense up in the offseason, from top to bottom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    If this shit brick offense and dumbass offensive coaches and the dumb ass center played and call some creativity it shouldn't have come to that. We seriosuly need to blow this offense up in the offseason, from top to bottom.
    I don't know about that. There is some young talent on that side. If you want to blow up the coaching staff, I agree. There are to many chefs in the kitchen on that side of the ball.

Blog Entries

I don't think shouting at someone, until a third teammate intervenes, is particularly good leadership tbh. I think it's just venting your own anger, which is understandable, but not what I see as a leadership quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I don't think shouting at someone, until a third teammate intervenes, is particularly good leadership tbh. I think it's just venting your own anger, which is understandable, but not what I see as a leadership quality.
    This is the NFL, not pee-wee football. Jimmy was holding Dig accountable for his actions, which is completely fine in my book. Players get yelled at on the sidelines all the time. I think it's great that Jimmy was really fired up about it because it means he is really putting everything into it. You wouldn't really get that upset over it if you aren't putting 110% into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Wrong thread
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    To acknowledge the great play and leadership of Jimmy Smith.
    Do you think that great leaders ,ake a habit of publicly calling out thier teammate?A

Jimmy is playing much better and it is great to see, but i'm not seeing him as a leader on par with sizzle ngata webb or even doom, who just got here. A leader would go to him and tell him he is having a great day, remind of his interception and tell him he has another great play in him for overtime.

You remember Ray calling out teammates in public. Praise in public and confront in private. A sentence to remember

Blog Entries

Glad to see Jimmy so into it and passionate about the game. Thats a good sign. This team needs a temper. Jimmy was very good today. Living up to his ability.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Well.... Thats sports, pro sports. Goes on all the time.