Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Roethlisberger Expected to Ask for Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    As for Haley, that's really not much of the players' business.
    When it impacts and hampers him from doing his job then it IS Ben's business.

Blog Entries

Should've read the article earlier. It's speculation about speculation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Jeff Fisher in St Louis would love an experienced qb to help save his job, I mean help his team win.

I think Pittsburgh will hang on to him as long as possible as they don't have much of a plan B
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I guess I'm old school but when a team pays him what they did, makes him the face of the franchise and turns their head through all of his 'issues' I'd expect a little loyalty. Rough season or not.
    Couldn't agree more. If Haley is the issue it is the business of the HC and FO to deal with it.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

The only way this will happen is if the Steelers pull out a pick for a quarterback they feel is NFL ready that they can rebuild around. Bridgewater will probably be off of the board for them. Mariota and Manziel are options. I'm not sure if they'd like Hundley or the guys from Clemson or LSU. They're not very well rounded yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I get that. But I don't think that's the problem. Bringing in Haley was the problem. And I called it as soon as it happened. Plus, they've been neglecting the O-line (except for Pouncey) for years. They could have fit in SOME fixes under the cap during that time. But they seemed to prefer to put it all on Ben. And while I think he's scum as a human being, I think he deserved better as a franchise QB.
    They gave expensive contracts to players who were on the decline. Ike Taylor, Troy Polamalu and James Harrison to name a few.

Poor cap management.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaStevez View Post
    The only way this will happen is if the Steelers pull out a pick for a quarterback they feel is NFL ready that they can rebuild around. Bridgewater will probably be off of the board for them. Mariota and Manziel are options. I'm not sure if they'd like Hundley or the guys from Clemson or LSU. They're not very well rounded yet.
    They did draft Landry Jones this past season.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Landry Jones did play in a pro-style offense at Oaklahoma and has had a season to sit the bench and learn the offense. You'd have to think that the Steelers are going to give him some game time near the end of the season so they can get some tape on him and see what he's all about before going into the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda
    Too many players want top dollar for their services (most of them are grossly overpaid anyway). But then after they get paid, they financially strap their team from making improvements in key areas.
    Trying

To bite

My tongue.

:)

I suspect the Squeelers asking price for a trade is 1st Round pick for 5 years and the wife of the GM.

Heard on the half time show that Ben is denying any report of him wanting to be traded.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Can't say I blame him. They dump his favorite coach and they have let three of his go to receivers walk while they were still in their prime. He wasn't happy when they let Plexico walk early in his career. I don't know how he felt about losing Holmes, since he had his own issues at the time, but I can't imagine he was thrilled. And then they let Wallace walk out the door this past offseason.

I'll miss Ben, if he goes. We have had our struggles against him but he's usually good to miss a game or two a season and he is very charitable with the football at times. I don't want the Steelers to get a young up shot QB. I want them to keep that broken down, aging, cap swallowing QB that they have.