Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Roethlisberger Expected to Ask for Trade.

The Steelers are a few years away from competing and Ben doesn't have many years left in him. It may be in everyone's best interest to part ways, although I think it's much more likely in 2015 when his cap hit won't be so harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    He is way better than Palmer. He hasnt been treated very well by the Steelers past few seasons. I dont blame him.
    Is he really that much better than Palmer was when he left Cincy? IMHO big Ben played well in Arian's system. A run first offense that allowed him to adlib at times. He has proven that he is not superman, and cannot carry an offense on his own shoulders. Even if he reunites with Arians, he has become a bit long in the tooth, and unless he finds a team like the Broncos who are loaded with talent, I doubt he ever plays as well as he did in Pitt.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Really? Carson who? Comparing him with Roethlisberger? Why "detest." Imagine working in a situation where you felt you were not being respected and given the opportunity to succeed, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Yeah, and he should ask Carson Palmer how well that worked out for him. I detest players like this who when things don't go their way, they bail out. If I were the Rooneys' I would get it done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Really? Carson who? Comparing him with Roethlisberger? Why "detest." Imagine working in a situation where you felt you were not being respected and given the opportunity to succeed, what would you do?
    Just how is he "not being respected"? Because he feels he's better than the talent that the FO has put around him? That's BS. He gets paid to do a job. In that scenario, Joe should have requested a trade weeks ago.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

I don't think he believes he is " better." I believe it is more a factor of the team's current concept of offense. He wants to be a part of the design and implementations of the offense, as any veteran QB should. And like him or hate him, he does not come across as believing he is better than any aspect of the team. There is no evidence to support that.

It is no secret Haley and Ben R. don't exactly have tea and biscuits every day; but I think it is well known Haley has a track record of rocking the boat. Rumor is he was renaming plays to his liking that we're already in the play book!

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Just how is he "not being respected"? Because he feels he's better than the talent that the FO has put around him? That's BS. He gets paid to do a job. In that scenario, Joe should have requested a trade weeks ago.

Blog Entries

I guess I'm old school but when a team pays him what they did, makes him the face of the franchise and turns their head through all of his 'issues' I'd expect a little loyalty. Rough season or not.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    I kinda agree with you here. Too many players want top dollar for their services (most of them are grossly overpaid anyway). But then after they get paid, they financially strap their team from making improvements in key areas.

How is that the team's fault?
    If the team pushed for Haley, then that's how it's the team's fault.

Also, how many years has the team let the O-line flounder?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    If the team pushed for Haley, then that's how it's the team's fault.

Also, how many years has the team let the O-line flounder?
    My point was, in the salary cap era of the NFL, you can't expect to pay $102 million to one player and then expect to get top-flight replacements for other areas of the team. There's just not enough money under the cap. Unfortunately, this may be a problem for the Ravens in the next few years when Joe's contract accelerates.

As for Haley, that's really not much of the players' business. The players are getting paid dearly to do a job they're told to do. If Haley is so bad, then the results on the field will speak for themselves, and Haley will be taken care of by his bosses. It's not the players' responsibility to dictate which direction the team should go.

Management 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    My point was, in the salary cap era of the NFL, you can't expect to pay $102 million to one player and then expect to get top-flight replacements for other areas of the team. There's just not enough money under the cap. Unfortunately, this may be a problem for the Ravens in the next few years when Joe's contract accelerates.
    I get that. But I don't think that's the problem. Bringing in Haley was the problem. And I called it as soon as it happened. Plus, they've been neglecting the O-line (except for Pouncey) for years. They could have fit in SOME fixes under the cap during that time. But they seemed to prefer to put it all on Ben. And while I think he's scum as a human being, I think he deserved better as a franchise QB.

I agree, but he has been loyal for 3 years now while he has been getting his ass kicked. How long is long enough? And the team paid him for his services, when he leaves they are no longer paying him so he would not owe them anything.

I don't want him to go, and I don't think he will, but he knows what is best for him, you and I don't!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I guess I'm old school but when a team pays him what they did, makes him the face of the franchise and turns their head through all of his 'issues' I'd expect a little loyalty. Rough season or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I get that. But I don't think that's the problem. Bringing in Haley was the problem. And I called it as soon as it happened. Plus, they've been neglecting the O-line (except for Pouncey) for years. They could have fit in SOME fixes under the cap during that time. But they seemed to prefer to put it all on Ben. And while I think he's scum as a human being, I think he deserved better as a franchise QB.
    No, we can question certain moves that teams make. Some work out, some don't. It's somewhat of a crap shoot when relying heavily on drafts. A GM's experience will account for only so much, and the rest is up to the player as to whether or not he's NFL material. But despite all that, NFL QBs (or any player for that matter) shouldn't be rebelling against their team for poor personnel moves or being in cap hell because of the same player's high salary demand. Suit up and play, and use the personnel around you to the best of your abilities.

EDIT TO ADD: Furthermore, if you have a gripe against any of the coaches or the direction of the team, by all means keep it out of the public forum.

Blog Entries

Let's be real here. We can't name one other QB that could have withstood the hits Ben's taken (Excluding the ones he takes from holding the ball long and winding up for the big play), AND lead his team to a second Super Bowl. The first one was where Ben was really more of a passenger, although he played his role. The second one, let's be real here, Kurt Warner shredded that defense and Larry Fitzgerald would have had the game winning TD if it weren't Ben on the opposite side. Ben made about a half dozen plays during that game that no other QB in the league would have made.

They had a system that worked. The Rooneys fucked with the system, forced Haley in now their previous issues have been exacerbated.

They'll make more money than any of us ever will, I get that, but can we stop viewing them in a God Damn vacuum and dehumanizing them because of it? The man wants to win. Who gives a crap about the contract. We don't have shit to say about teams when they cut players or ask players to take a pay cut. Yet, when the players wants to be traded we have shit to say. The man helped them win two Super Bowls and they haven't had to look for a QB in 10 years. I thought we wanted competitive players who want to win, and won't just stick with anything that's going on, because they've got paid?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore