Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Roethlisberger Expected to Ask for Trade.

I am no NFL Cap Economist, and this is a just a anecdotal post I did not research, but I read that the Steelers have $97 million tied up into 9 players. If that is true, look for BIG changes next year. Which I believe is good, as they tend to keep vets around for big money and sit the prospects. The Ravens are effective at finding and using rookies who can start, while the Steelers promptly sit rookies and ask them to take notes for seasons on end.

I honestly feel the AFC North is the most dynamic division in the NFL. Any team can win it at this point.

Blog Entries

Of course he denies it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Of course he denies it.
    And it is a good thing too. He still lives in shittsburgh. Can you imagine the danger his family would be in if the Yinzers knew that their beloved QB didn't want to be there anymore. He'd need the national guard just to get out of town. Deny, Deny, Deny, until he's actually traded.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Of course he denies it.
    Which means nothing. He would most likely deny it if it's true, and (of course) always deny it if it's false.

No, I can't imagine that. Pittsburgh, like any other fanbase would move on. And if indeed the unconfirmed rumor mill is even remotely true, I would not blame him. He consistently places at the top for stats and seems to struggle at the same time due to the OL. He has a few years at best left, and a trade would make sense for him.

BB will be in "shittsburgh" (which is a beautiful city) for years to come. I am confident the Steelers and BB will be in contention for another SB before he retires. The current state of the AFC North is abysmal, and I have confidence in BB that he can overcome the current quagmire.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    And it is a good thing too. He still lives in shittsburgh. Can you imagine the danger his family would be in if the Yinzers knew that their beloved QB didn't want to be there anymore. He'd need the national guard just to get out of town. Deny, Deny, Deny, until he's actually traded.

Blog Entries

According to that story they entertained trade talks last season. I'm sure if someone made the right offer, there aren't many players who are off limits, including BR. But I'd suspect it would take a lot to get him unless they want to move the contract.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Hahahahahaha.

Guaranteed he wants to go play in AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I expected that to happen this past off season. Still think that's where he ends up if not remained in Pitt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    No, I can't imagine that. Pittsburgh, like any other fanbase would move on. And if indeed the unconfirmed rumor mill is even remotely true, I would not blame him. He consistently places at the top for stats and seems to struggle at the same time due to the OL. He has a few years at best left, and a trade would make sense for him.

BB will be in "shittsburgh" (which is a beautiful city) for years to come. I am confident the Steelers and BB will be in contention for another SB before he retires. The current state of the AFC North is abysmal, and I have confidence in BB that he can overcome the current quagmire.
    You do know that fans have threatened players before right? Matt Schuab is a living breathing example. If Ben publicly admitted he didn't want to be a Steeler any more, he would be public enemy number one and like I said, he would need protection.

Get off your high horse. Shittsburg fans are not some world class group that is a cut above the rest. They have their share of idiots among them.

Get off my "high horse?" In what regard? I know dumbass Falcon fans threatened Schuab. What does that have to do with this topic? Please, connect those dots. Sure, there will be fans who cross the line, just like any fan base, but the majority will move on. what if Flacco said he did not want to play in Baltimore anymore? Of course dumbass fans would react stupidly. Level-headed with thoughtful opinions like you and I would respect their choice.

Please support your opinion that I am on a "high horse." What did I say that specifically prompted you to think that?

And Shittsuburg? Really? Have you ever been to Pittsburgh? Don't be snide, just give an honest answer. Pittsburgh is a great city, with a storied tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    You do know that fans have threatened players before right? Matt Schuab is a living breathing example. If Ben publicly admitted he didn't want to be a Steeler any more, he would be public enemy number one and like I said, he would need protection.

Get off your high horse. Shittsburg fans are not some world class group that is a cut above the rest. They have their share of idiots among them.

Trading Roethlsiberger would be a win-win for both parties. Ben gets to go to a team like St. Louis or Houston, both of whom are a good QB away from being elite caliber teams, and Pittsburgh gets a great package of picks to rebuild and get better, since they're not close to competing for the next few years.

They need to find a way to dump all the old farts and move forward with a young team. This is a GREAT year to need a QB... Bridgewater, Mariota, Boyd, Hundley, Mettenberger, Manziel... all possible 1st rounders. After that you've got guys like Derek Carr, Aaron Murray, and AJ McCarron... all of whom might have been 1st rounders in last year's bad draft.

This is the best QB pool I've seen in all my years scouting the draft IMO. Pittsburgh could do a ton of damage with, say, 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders. They could grab a QB, a receiver to play opposite Brown, an tackle, and a DB, all of whom would likely start day 1.

Ben said that's bull.

Blog Entries

BR saids its bull but that doesnt mean its not true. Apparently the Steelers "fielded offers" for him last year even. This may have been in the works for awhile and would explain their choices of keeping the team together as long as they had him.
    -JAB