Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: Roethlisberger Expected to Ask for Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    No decreases in performance ...yet. But that day is coming. Tough as Ben is, he's taken a lot of hits for a lot of years. Sooner or later that has to tell. Does Pittsburgh really want to commit $$ to Ben beyond 2015? I know they've historically hung onto the vets as long as possible, but their front office has to be pondering this question.
    It depends on what better option they have. Look at all the crappy QBs they had before Ben. Between Bradshaw and Ben the only QBs to lead the team in passing for 5 years was Neil O'Donnell. They went through Kordell and Bubby and Tommy Maddox and Tomzack and many other mediocre QBs. It might take them a while to find someone who can play as well as an 24 Ben Roethlisberger can play.

Re: Roethlisberger Expected to Ask for Trade.

I think it really depends on how the Steelers finish out this season.
    IF they go on a run and the Bengals lose to the Colts, the Steelers would actually win the division.
    IF Ben pulled that out, they would continue to build the offensive line and he negotiates a new contract that works out much better for both of them.

IF they go down in flames, the Steeler organization may shake up the team and move on with some high draft picks...like a QB and another Olineman and skill player/TE for the future. IF they traded Ben for some high picks on top of that, they could reload rather quickly and make noise as soon as next season.

Roethlisberger Expected to Ask for Trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    I think it really depends on how the Steelers finish out this season.
    IF they go on a run and the Bengals lose to the Colts, the Steelers would actually win the division.
    This is what will happen and BR will become Mr Steeler to Pittsburgh fans. He will become a bigger god to them and will get whatever he wants. Meanwhile Ravens and Browns fight for 3rd place. SMH LMAO
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-24-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Roethlisberger Expected to Ask for Trade.

I assume you mean money as " for anything he wants?" Frankly, he is quite polarizing in the Pittsburgh community, not 50/50, but enough so that it draws attention. He has made enough money and accomplished enough that I don't think he will be too adamant about making crazy money. I don't think the will ask for much more than he already gets, at least that is my layman's opinion based on the insightful world of the Internet. He stated that he will do whatever it takes to stay in Pittsburgh.

I think he will sign for 3-4 more years with Pittsburgh, and then retire to raise his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    This is what will happen and BR will become Mr Steeler to Pittsburgh fans. He will become a bigger god to them and will get whatever he wants. Meanwhile Ravens and Browns fight for 3rd place. SMH LMAO
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-24-2013 at 10:54 AM.