Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Steve Bisciotti is not going to fire John Harbaugh this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    We beat them.
    Barely, and more importantly, at home. We would have played them on the road in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Barely, and more importantly, at home. We would have played them on the road in the playoffs.
    But we wouldn't have had to, since they lost to the Pats.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    A resounding "duh" to the thread title.
    I'd like to double down on that "duh"!

Why is this even a discussion?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How do you offer a guy a OC job, and go promising certain assistants that regardless of what happens they are going to be retained? Then, you bring in your own guy and changes to the scheme Caldwell may or may not have been on board with and....honestly, I could go on and on.

I think RaveninWoodlawn made a good point that Caldwell offense is not sophisticated and is more simplified that we want to believe, but it is not so unyielding.
    I don't follow.

As to RIW's point, do we really know what Caldwell's offense looks like? I am not saying that Caldwell is some kind of offensive genius that should escape blame or that his scheme is great. I just don't believe this is HIS offense. He inherited Cam's scheme. By the Ravens own admission there were tweaks here and there but this is still Cam's playbook. And the run blocking scheme is the brainchild of our run game coordinator. What has Caldwell brought to this offense? Where is his stamp? It just seems to me that he is running a retread offense.

Caldwell's situation kind of reminds me of Jim Fassell's situation. I remember after Billick fired Fassell and took over the play calling duties himself, Todd Heap (maybe) said something to the effect of, nobody knows this offense better than him (Billick), it would be more effective with him in control of it.

Blog Entries

That's more of my point. Caldwell's offense is not going to look like something out of Star Trek with the play calling, but it is an offense that will adapt to the necessary approach. Caldwell hasn't really been giving the opportunity to install it here.

That one comment was my way of saying, even if he did, and it would probably be more effective, don't expect a complicated scheme, because in actually variety of plays ran it's not.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That's more of my point. Caldwell's offense is not going to look like something out of Star Trek with the play calling, but it is an offense that will adapt to the necessary approach. Caldwell hasn't really been giving the opportunity to install it here.

That one comment was my way of saying, even if he did, and it would probably be more effective, don't expect a complicated scheme, because in actually variety of plays ran it's not.
    Oh, I follow you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    But we wouldn't have had to, since they lost to the Pats.
    And we lost to the Colts. Why do we get to write that off and say we "should" have won the Super Bowl, yet other teams don't? Seems like a bit of a double standard.