View Poll Results: How would you rate John Harbaugh's coach selection/management over the past 5 1/2 years?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

19 26.39%
  • B

22 30.56%
  • C

17 23.61%
  • D

13 18.06%
  • F

1 1.39%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How would you rate John Harbaugh's coach selection/management over the past 5 1/2 years?

Pretty straight forward. Rather than beat at leaves and branches...let's just get to the root: how would you rate John Harbaugh's coach selection and coach management over the past 5 1/2 years?

Re: How would you rate John Harbaugh's coach selection/management over the past 5 1/2 years?

What criteria do you have in mind? Are we looking at wins, losses, # of pro bowlers produced, offensive/defensive statistical rankings etc?

Re: How would you rate John Harbaugh's coach selection/management over the past 5 1/2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What criteria do you have in mind? Are we looking at wins, losses, # of pro bowlers produced, offensive/defensive statistical rankings etc?
    Use whatever criteria you want. It's not really rocket science. It's an OPINION poll. No more/no less. (If you want to bolster your opinion with criteria, it certainly makes for a stronger argument/opinion.)

Blog Entries

How can he not get an "A"? Super Bowl and nothing but winning for 5 years. I guess we could have won another Super Bowl or two. But that's almost an impossible task for any team. John Harbaugh has been at the top for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    How can he not get an "A"? Super Bowl and nothing but winning for 5 years. I guess we could have won another Super Bowl or two. But that's almost an impossible task for any team. John Harbaugh has been at the top for 5 years.
    Do "A" head coaches have 2 assistant coaches removed from under them (Mattison and Cameron), with arguably more on the way?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Do "A" head coaches have 2 assistant coaches removed from under them (Mattison and Cameron), with arguably more on the way?
    Nope Harbaugh is the only good coach to ever remove coaches, this is a first!

Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Someone is in denial.

Anything but A or B is pure hate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elland View Post
    Someone is in denial.

Anything but A or B is pure hate.
    Two words for you: Horse. Shit.

Do you really think Harbaugh's collection of don't-rock-the-boat mid-level managers has come anywhere near getting the best out of their players? I sure as hell don't. But when you have guys like Flacco & Rice & Webb & Pitta just coming into their prime, Ngata & Suggs & Yanda in their prime, & Lewis & Ed Reed around to glue things back together when they start to come apart, it doesn't take more than mediocre management to get into the playoffs, "where anything can happen."

The one player they can arguably claim to have developed into a major talent is Torrey Smith, & I don't see a lot of evidence that coaching had that much to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Nope Harbaugh is the only good coach to ever remove coaches, this is a first!

Maybe I should have been more specific...

involuntarily removed.

Better?

(And please...refresh my memory...when was another OC removed with 1 week left in the regular season?)

(sarcasm, indeed)
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 11-07-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Two words for you: Horse. Shit.

Do you really think Harbaugh's collection of don't-rock-the-boat mid-level managers has come anywhere near getting the best out of their players? I sure as hell don't. But when you have guys like Flacco & Rice & Webb & Pitta just coming into their prime, Ngata & Suggs & Yanda in their prime, & Lewis & Ed Reed around to glue things back together when they start to come apart, it doesn't take more than mediocre management to get into the playoffs, "where anything can happen."

The one player they can arguably claim to have developed into a major talent is Torrey Smith, & I don't see a lot of evidence that coaching had that much to do with it.
    I agree with your take on the coaching staff and its effect, or lack thereof, on the players' performance(s). I do, however, think the coaching staff did a good job with Smith. He is so much better now than when he first arrived it's got to have something to do with the coaching. He still needs to fight better to get off the line, but his routes are better, he's not stopping 3/4's of the way through his routes the way he did his first year, he tracks the ball better (remember him looking skyward and confused that first year? not so much at all now), and he's holding onto the ball much better now as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Maybe I should have been more specific...

involuntarily removed.

Better?

(And please...refresh my memory...when was another OC removed with 1 week left in the regular season?)

(sarcasm, indeed)
    Couldn't you argue that Harbs nixing Cam in the middle of the season adds to his ability to manage a situation?

I think what a lot of fans don't realize (or want to admit) is that most things in the NFL move at the speed of slow. It is rare that coaches are fired or replaced; even when they clearly are not very good. IMO this is similar to how teams like the Jets had such a hard time moving on from Mark Sanchez even though the writing was on the wall about him as a player.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Look at the coaches Harbaugh has brought in:

Cameron
    Mattison
    Castillo
    Moeller
    Rosburg
    Hostler
    Pees
    Caldwell

That's not exactly a list of great coaches.