Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 96
  1. #61

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe



    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised we gave up that high a pick for an average corner.

    But don't you dare call it desperation!
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

    Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

    Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  2. #62

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised we gave up that high a pick for an average corner.
    I think that's a bit harsh on Josh... Average STARTING CB, sure.

    He's better then De Angelo Hall in my book, his opposite starting corner that got $50m or so.




  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oakland, Maryland
    Posts
    184

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Wouldn't it be smart to use the tag on Pitta? We all know how important he has been for the Ravens offense. He has fantastic chemistry with Flacco and couples them with great hands. The tag cost for him shouldn't be nearly as much as wasting it on Daryl Smith, Monroe, or Oher. I think that Oher walks because of the lack of cap room. I also think that they need to extend Monroe because he is affordable and quite good. Daryl Smith is a tackle machine and the defense can't take that kind of a hit again and he should come back to the Ravens at a decent price. We can only hope.

    Does anyone else think that Martin from the Dolphins would end up being a good fit for our locker room? We know that the Ravens don't bully their players and he's a smart dude (Stanford) and a high round pick. I'd love to see him on our line if he's willing to put the work in.




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by DaStevez View Post
    Does anyone else think that Martin from the Dolphins would end up being a good fit for our locker room? We know that the Ravens don't bully their players and he's a smart dude (Stanford) and a high round pick. I'd love to see him on our line if he's willing to put the work in.
    I've thought about that pretty much every time I see a story on his situation.




  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,174
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by DaStevez View Post
    Wouldn't it be smart to use the tag on Pitta? We all know how important he has been for the Ravens offense. He has fantastic chemistry with Flacco and couples them with great hands. The tag cost for him shouldn't be nearly as much as wasting it on Daryl Smith, Monroe, or Oher. I think that Oher walks because of the lack of cap room. I also think that they need to extend Monroe because he is affordable and quite good...
    I don't think there is any way the Ravens use the tag on Pitta. As much as he has chemistry with Flacco, he is coming off a major injury and we don't know the long term effect it will have on him. It seems sensible to just sign him to a one-year deal to see how he has recovered. IMO if Monroe doesn't sign a long-term deal, he's the one I'd use the tag on because solid, young LTs are very hard to find...and I believe your phrase about Monroe "he is affordable" is way off. He will be a costly signing... Bc




  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oakland, Maryland
    Posts
    184

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    What I meant is that Monroe won't draw the 9-12 million per year that the other top tackles can expect. Monroe is more likely to pull in 7-9 million per year. That's expensive, for sure, but not nearly as much as Thomas, Peters, or Clady. The tag is going to cost the Ravens around nine million for Monroe or Oher and around six million for Pitta. He's worth the tag if they can sign Monroe.

    Fun fact: the tag would cost around nine million for Daryl Smith so we can count him out of the franchise tag conversation.




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,948
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    I'm watching AFC Playbbok and they broke down the Browns game. The Oline missed assignments just looked like total confusion. The run game has no chance. But they didn't show one on the Left side, whether coincidence or not.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,307
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm watching AFC Playbbok and they broke down the Browns game. The Oline missed assignments just looked like total confusion. The run game has no chance. But they didn't show one on the Left side, whether coincidence or not.
    That's because Monroe has been a rock.




  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    I think Monroe is the #1 priority this offseason. You can stick Wagner over on the RT spot after let Oher walk and he should improve with Yanda as a mentor. I'm pretty sure Oher's name will garner him a nice (out of the Ravens league) contract. SIGN MONROE!!!




  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,948
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That's because Monroe has been a rock.
    Apparently so. I didn't see the Browns game other than on mute in a sports bar with a lot of distractions. We all know the Oline has struggled but that breakdown I saw, OMG. Terrible missed blocks, 3 guys blocking 2 while the DE went unblocked, just complete confusion. Oher on the Pierce 7 yd run (longest of the game) thought he was getting help on the outside and when it wasn't there, Pierce cut it inside and got what he could. Just not on the same page at all. Really surprising at this point of the season, especially AFTER the bye.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  11. #71

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by DaStevez View Post
    What I meant is that Monroe won't draw the 9-12 million per year that the other top tackles can expect. Monroe is more likely to pull in 7-9 million per year. That's expensive, for sure, but not nearly as much as Thomas, Peters, or Clady. The tag is going to cost the Ravens around nine million for Monroe or Oher and around six million for Pitta. He's worth the tag if they can sign Monroe.

    Fun fact: the tag would cost around nine million for Daryl Smith so we can count him out of the franchise tag conversation.
    If the tag is $6m (I'll just take your word for it for the sake of this discussion) AND Pitta comes back and finishes this year strong, I can see it. If he doesn't play a down this year? NO Chance.

    And Jon Martin for next year's RT? I've heard worse ideas, but I've also heard better. At a minimum he's a serviceable swing tackle that can cover both sides.

    I still kind of like the idea of drafting Kuandijo if we pick high enough though.




  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,854
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If the tag is $6m (I'll just take your word for it for the sake of this discussion) AND Pitta comes back and finishes this year strong, I can see it. If he doesn't play a down this year? NO Chance.

    And Jon Martin for next year's RT? I've heard worse ideas, but I've also heard better. At a minimum he's a serviceable swing tackle that can cover both sides.

    I still kind of like the idea of drafting Kuandijo if we pick high enough though.
    I like Kouandjio a lot.

    James Hurst is the best tackle in this class IMO.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  13. #73

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    It's already been mentioned, but the value of a LT has gone down in recent years. Teams are focused more on the entirety of the O-line since the blind side since it seems like teams' best pass-rushers are moving around more often than not. The FO surely has a plan in mind as it pertains to the long-term status of Monroe. Unless his market value isn't anywhere near what the FO expected, they'll find a way to keep him around.




  14. #74

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I like Kouandjio a lot.

    James Hurst is the best tackle in this class IMO.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    wow, maybe i don't watch enough college football(I don't) but that's a name out of left field to me... I've been Eyeing Kuandijo, Matthews and Lewan... Husrst plays where?




  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,854
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The time is NOW to re-sign Eugene Monroe

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    wow, maybe i don't watch enough college football(I don't) but that's a name out of left field to me... I've been Eyeing Kuandijo, Matthews and Lewan... Husrst plays where?
    UNC.

    4 year starter at LT.

    6'7" 315lbs and has excellent footwork. He has played well against some of the top pass rushers in college.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland