Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: Coaches Changes

Re: Coaches Changes

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Funny how inheriting a top 10 program with a young, stud QB really turned things around for him, eh?
    Certainly helps. It was always said that he was a sharp guy and a good coach, but it certainly never translated on the field.

But in his defense, he wasn't really given a lot to work with at QB/WR when here.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Certainly helps. It was always said that he was a sharp guy and a good coach, but it certainly never translated on the field.

But in his defense, he wasn't really given a lot to work with at QB/WR when here.
    I mean trying to turn Randy Hymes into an NFL receiver was beyond trying to turn chicken shit into chicken salad.

Quote Originally Posted by esporter113 View Post
    Harbaugh's doghouse is really starting to get to me. Good players have wasted away there over the years. You're telling me Michael Huff is so useless that it was worth eating dead money to get him off the team? Dannell Ellerbe spent half his career in the doghouse before the world saw what he could do during the Super Bowl run. McKinnie was in the doghouse all season last year and when he came back he energized the entire offense. I get sending a message and I get punishing guys who don't work hard or don't play special teams, but you gotta get your best 11 on the field.
    Micheal Huff obviously wasn't good enough he had weeks to prove that he can be a starter and he failed to prove that he was better than Matt Elam. Harbaugh and even Ozzie had all training camp and preseason to evaluate micheal huff and to my understanding he never impress. Dannell Ellerbe was talented inside linebacker but he couldn't stay healthy also he was immature it was in 2012 that I think he finally start maturing as professional football player if it wasn't for harbaugh dog house he wouldn't have never mature and I don't even think he would have receive the money he has now.

Mckinnie was in the dog house because the guy just was lazy and never took his weight issue seriously but honestly I think we would have seen a different mckinnie in the playoffs if he played in the all the games last year as a starter.

The Ravens don't need young guys as much as they need coordinators that are going to stand up and force Harbaugh to let them run their respective aspects of the game. Those coaches need to be able to use their schemes to get the best out of the talent around them instead of trying to plug guys into stale schemes that lack innovation.

Bill Walsh himself wouldn't have done anything with Kyle Boller and Randy Hymes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Bill Walsh himself wouldn't have done anything with Kyle Boller and Randy Hymes.
    Quite true!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Plus any offensive coach in Billick's system was never going to be given much free reign to implement their schemes. Not that any NFL coach gives their offensive coaches 100% responsibility, but Billick was definitely on the more restrictive end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup, this offense is pretty shitty. Last year the Saints had the worst defense in the history of the NFL. They had to suck it up and suffer through a disappointing season and then fix it when they could. It's probably going to be the same thing with our offense.
    The difference is...they have a great, innovative head coach. The Ravens do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    By leaving it alone I meant, let Caldwell run the offense he saw fit. That's what I meant. And we didn't lose 18 players on offense. We lost 2, so compared to the defense, we lost a lot less on that side on the ball, and therefore could conclude that we can expect a lot more continuity as a result. Instead, they brought in a "Run Game Coordinator", and the rest, as they say, is history.
    I think you can argue we lost 4-5 on offense compared to POs, obviously Boldin and Birk, Pitta third, B-mac 4, KO 5 + Rice and even Yanda struggling, the backup RB and jacoby also struggling with injuries.

Except from Joe and Torrey, basically all key players on offense is either gone or struggling, not an easy task for any OC or HC under those circumstances