Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coaches Changes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Coaches Changes

This team needs to get a young OC and DC. Young creative coordinators that bring innovation. I'm sick and tired of this vanilla scheme BS on offense and defense. These schemes are straight out of 1970. The Ravens needs coordinators that understand modern football in the NFL.

The Ravens play so vanilla I can't even watch other games. It just pisses me off to see modern football on other teams and the Ravens absolute refusal to adapt.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: Coaches Changes

I agree, but they are a reflection of the HC, as someone pointed out to me in an earlier thread. Harbs either needs to get out of the meeting rooms or be replaced. Castillo and Pees need to go NOW, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Harbs either needs to get out of the meeting rooms or be replaced.
    After six seasons, he is regressing. Even though the personnel losses were extensive, there should be enough talent on this team to be at least a low-end contender. They look to be lethargic, unmotivated, and headed for the cellar. Much like the 2007 team.

I'd prefer to see Bisciotti pull the trigger sooner than later. Jack del Rio would look pretty good on our sidelines now.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I can't see it happening, harbs wants to exert control. He won't had over the reigns

The coordinators will be evaluated at season's end like they always are. Cam was a special case.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

How much control does Caldwell or Joe really have over this offense? Caldwell doesn't even have the power to implement his own schemes. The blocking scheme was designed by a guy with a made up title and the offensive scheme, by the admission of the Ravens, is Cam Cameron's.

Same shit different day. This can't all fall on Caldwell.

Blog Entries

Hiring young, innovative coordinators doesn't seem to be Harbaugh's MO. It's how we end up with 4 3/4 years of Cameron calling the offense and guys like Mattison and Pees running the defense. I don't see anything like this happening until after the season, when I think Pees will be "encouraged" to take a job elsewhere like Mattison was, and even then I wouldn't count on a "young, innovative" guy to be brought in to run the defense.

I don't think Harbaugh wants guys who could be threats to his job security. I have no proof or anything of that. Just my opinion, and I do like Harbaugh.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I don't give a shit what the age of the replacements are. If the ghost of Don Shula could come back, run student body left every play, and average 30 points a game, I wouldn't care.

Hire someone who can produce points. I don't care how old they are and I don't care if they do it 'creatively' or 'predictably.'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Hiring young, innovative coordinators doesn't seem to be Harbaugh's MO. It's how we end up with 4 3/4 years of Cameron calling the offense and guys like Mattison and Pees running the defense. I don't see anything like this happening until after the season, when I think Pees will be "encouraged" to take a job elsewhere like Mattison was, and even then I wouldn't count on a "young, innovative" guy to be brought in to run the defense.

I don't think Harbaugh wants guys who could be threats to his job security. I have no proof or anything of that. Just my opinion, and I do like Harbaugh.
    I think Harbaugh likes yes men. That is probably why detractors like Hue Jackson and Jim Zorn have been shown the door. And there were unsubstantiated rumors that Harbaugh and Pagano butted heads his last year here.

On another note, what the heck happened to Spags?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

I agree that Harbs doesn't necessarily like hiring young guys...but he had a young gun on the defensive side of the ball that he could have promoted...Ted Monachino. He's still the OLBs coach.

I remember watching some behind the scenes stuff with Monachino during a game and he was calling out the opposing team's offensive plays before they even happened. He knows what the hell he's talking about and he was the reason Suggs set an NCAA record for sacks at Arizona State.

Monachino should have been given the DC opportunity all along...not Dean Pees.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

yes I never had faith in Caldwell and took heat on this board for it. He has never been an OC and it shows. Pees ... ugh.

Harbaugh IMHO has earned the right to make some mistakes but we need some creativity in play calling.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Where are all the splash plays on D? I'd rather see an aggressive team that gets burned every once in a while, but makes exciting plays too over this crap. At least then you don't have the offense sitting on the bench forever.

The offense can't get into a rhythm, but how much of that can be attributed to them sitting on the bench, watching the other offense go up and down the field?