Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: In clutch defense can't get off field

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    The offense is by far worse than the defense. By far.

We would be 0-8 if not for the defense and ST. Literally 0-8.

We get a win with 14 points out of our offense at home.

We get a win when the defense gets a pick 6 followed by a Punt return TD at home (offense has 3 points before those two TDs)

We get a win when the offense allows a game-tying pick 6 midway through the 4th quarter, and the defense holds opposition in the last two drives to 0 points.

The offense is horrendous, the defense is average and inconsistent. We could win more than we lose with the latter, a lot of teams do. We cannot win more than we lose with the former, barring a shutdown defense (which is rare in this league these days).
    Fair enough, but when the game is on the line, the D just can't get off the field.

The offense is certainly deserving of a majority of the issues, but the defense flat out can't get off the field and they invested time, money and a majority of the draft on the defensive side of the ball. That is my big issue.

I expected the offense to have problems. They were going into a season with only two legitimate receiving threats and one of them prob won't really play this year. Couple that with issues on the OL and issues at RB and is anyone really surprised by the lackluster offense? I'm not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    This is spot on. The D cannot get off the field on the last drive.

But also, and tell me if you've seen this movie: Offense can't put point on the board in the ist half...offensive line can't open holes for the run game...Flacco gets harrassed all game...

We are just not a very good team, at all. Time to come to grips with it, people. This team is not making the playoffs this year.
    :word

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Everyone knows the offense has been putrid, but that doesn't mean the defense is obsoleted of criticism. They don't get a stop when it matters

We are just not a good football team all around. Through all 3 phases, we have been very poor.

There was one play in particular today where I missed Reed. If Ed is playing safety on the ball that went over the head of one of their pass-catchers(I think it was Cameron), we'd have had an interception. On that play, Omar, as much as I like him, came up and went for the hit instead of reading the ball in the air and realizing that it was going over the receiver's head.

With 5 minutes left to go, this defense needs to make a stop. There's really no excuse for not being able to. There was a lot of blame to go around today (how bad did Joe look early?), but the end is what people remember, and this team couldn't stop a journeyman QB and RB from running out the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fair enough, but when the game is on the line, the D just can't get off the field.

The offense is certainly deserving of a majority of the issues, but the defense flat out can't get off the field and they invested time, money and a majority of the draft on the defensive side of the ball. That is my big issue.

I expected the offense to have problems. They were going into a season with only two legitimate receiving threats and one of them prob won't really play this year. Couple that with issues on the OL and issues at RB and is anyone really surprised by the lackluster offense? I'm not.

Exactly, when the game has been on the line, a mostly rested, mostly veteran, been together for half of the year defense can not get a three and out.

This defense is the equivalent of a QB with great regular season stats but chokes in the clutch. Those types of QB's don't get a pass and neither should the D.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BSHU View Post
    We are just not a good football team all around. Through all 3 phases, we have been very poor.

There was one play in particular today where I missed Reed. If Ed is playing safety on the ball that went over the head of one of their pass-catchers(I think it was Cameron), we'd have had an interception. On that play, Omar, as much as I like him, came up and went for the hit instead of reading the ball in the air and realizing that it was going over the receiver's head.

With 5 minutes left to go, this defense needs to make a stop. There's really no excuse for not being able to. There was a lot of blame to go around today (how bad did Joe look early?), but the end is what people remember, and this team couldn't stop a journeyman QB and RB from running out the clock.
    Flacco was awful early, so much so I queried him being injured in the br.com board

Blog Entries

Fuck the defense. When you put that much time, money and effort into one side of the ball, it should not be getting dicked by Pittsburgh running the fucking wildcat, and............as a matter of fact, YEAH, since when does a Ravens defense fall for the FUCKING WILDCAT?!! And Cleveland.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Fuck the defense. When you put that much time, money and effort into one side of the ball, it should not be getting dicked by Pittsburgh running the fucking wildcat, and............as a matter of fact, YEAH, since when does a Ravens defense fall for the FUCKING WILDCAT?!! And Cleveland.
    I remember when the wildcat was all the rage across the NFL. It was largely successful, except when it faced the Ravens defense...not anymore.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

The only two people that I could possibly think of that drop as many passes as Ed Dickson........are Davone Bess and Greg Little. Wouldn't you know it they play the Ravens and find their hands.

And oh, hang on, I think my dog just dug up Webb's ankle in the backyard.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Hell we could have Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor and Deion Sanders in their primes, and Pees would drop White and Taylor into coverage and have Deion playing 10 yards off the LOS using bail technique.

They got absolutely punked...completely neutered on that last drive.

I never thought I'd see a day where the Browns served the defense like that.

With the game on the line, they didn't just allow a first down or 2...or a situation like Green Bay where we just knew one first down would end it.

They walked this defense down, embarrassed them for the final 6 and a half minutes.

THEY GOT SERVED BY JASON CAMPBELL, CHRIS OGBYANA, WILLIS MCGAHEE AND DEVONNE BESS...FOR ALMOST SEVEN MINUTES WITH THE GAME ON THE LINE!

That "great" DL that we were so amped about could pressure Campbell, much less sack him, the secondary is probably the softest I've seen since 2007 and couldn't break up any of those crucial passes, and once again, this defense sucks forcing turnovers.

But I'm sure someone will try and tell me how great they are based on bogus rankings and how since we haven't gotten blown out, we aren't bad...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

There are certain teams that you just aren't supposed to give up 24 points to. The Cleveland Browns, their non-existent running game, drop happy receivers and damn near third string QB, are one of those teams.