Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Osemele Out

Re: Osemele Out

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Because it is still on the left side of the OL, and because LG is an easier position to play than LT.
    That doesn't mean Wagner can just slide right in and be effective. The coaches have tried to make Jah Reid, historically a right tackle, a guard and it hasn't worked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I don't like this move. I would actually rather they put Shipley in at C and flip Gradkowski to LG. Shipley is not a very good athlete and has extremely short arms... those are not good qualities in your LG. They wouldn't be as big problems at C. Gradkowski would be undersized at LG, but he wouldn't need to make line calls anymore and he has the athleticism to get to the second level.

Osemele has been so terrible at LG though outside of the Houston game that maybe anybody would be an improvement. I'm also thrilled to see the coaching staff realize that a guy who needs back surgery should maybe, you know, have back surgery before he gets worse...
    I thought about this as well. Gino also played LG at Delaware IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    That doesn't mean Wagner can just slide right in and be effective. The coaches have tried to make Jah Reid, historically a right tackle, a guard and it hasn't worked.
    Jah Reid can't play effectively anywhere on the OL. He just stinks. The only reason why the Ravens were trying to play him at OG was because he couldn't handle playing either RT or LT.

Jah Reid can't play effectively anywhere on the OL. He just stinks. The only reason why the Ravens were trying to play him at OG was because he couldn't handle playing either RT or LT.
    Reid never really got the opportunity to claim the RT job because of Oher's emergence. And he never played LT in college, so he wasn't going to play there for us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Reid never really got the opportunity to claim the RT job because of Oher's emergence. And he never played LT in college, so he wasn't going to play there for us.
    Oher's emergence? Oher was a first round draft pick who started at RT from day one. That was by design. Reid has been given every opportunity to establish himself as a starting OL over the past few years, and has failed to impress every time. He is either hurt, or is ineffective when he has had an opportunity to play. Reid was a guy the Ravens traded up for in the third round, and is widely recognized as a bust, who will not be re-signed after this season.

Blog Entries

Reid has been a huge bust.

Oher's emergence? Oher was a first round draft pick who started at RT from day one. That was by design. Reid has been given every opportunity to establish himself as a starting OL over the past few years, and has failed to impress every time. He is either hurt, or is ineffective when he has had an opportunity to play. Reid was a guy the Ravens traded up for in the third round, and is widely recognized as a bust, who will not be re-signed after this season.
    Yes, Oher's emergence on the right side. Oher was given every opportunity to claim the LT job but he couldn't, hence the McKinnie signing and the Eugene Monroe trade. The coaches envisioned Oher as the LT of the future, but it hasn't worked out; he's been much more effective on the right side. And I agree Reid has been a bust, but it's largely due to the coaches' inability to find a position for him.