Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ryan Lilja

Re: Ryan Lilja

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Centers making line calls, assignments and adjustments have a lot to process and considering he played guard in college and didn't have to make those line calls, I'm not entirely surprised he is having difficulty with it.
    Not to mention he played a Delaware. Making the line calls against Navy, Rhode Island, and William and Mary is not like making them against Ohio State or LSU.

I'm not saying he will necessarily be a quality NFL center, but he will gain a LOT from 1) a year of learning about reading defenses in the NFL, 2) another year in the weight room, and 3) two healthy guards next to him. It's certainly way to early to rule him out.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hopedawg View Post
    reports out of Denver were that Lilja had lost a ton of weight...
    Sounds like what Birk did. Gotta hand it to these vets who play at 300+ lbs. then lost a great deal of it to stay healthy for the long run of life... Bc

Lilja and Jason Brown threads illustrate how desperately empoverished our O line really is. Maybe Cornell was worth keeping?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Lilja and Jason Brown threads illustrate how desperately empoverished our O line really is. Maybe Cornell was worth keeping?
    Cornwell didn't play C

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Not to mention he played a Delaware. Making the line calls against Navy, Rhode Island, and William and Mary is not like making them against Ohio State or LSU.

I'm not saying he will necessarily be a quality NFL center, but he will gain a LOT from 1) a year of learning about reading defenses in the NFL, 2) another year in the weight room, and 3) two healthy guards next to him. It's certainly way to early to rule him out.
    :word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.