Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Geno Atkins - likely torn ACL

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Sounds like what Steelers fan used to say about Flacco before he actually hoisted the Lombardi.
    No way that Dalton has the arm strength of Flacco. Joe can get away with bad location because the ball gets to the receiver so quickly. Dalton does not have the ability to miss his targets even but just a small amount in the NFL. The pick six against Miami was due to the ball taking so long to get to the receiver and was thrown on the inside shoulder and not to the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    There have been a bunch of non contact ACL injuries the past few years. Guys must be getting to big and strong for their ligaments to handle.
    And how do you think they are getting bigger and stronger? I think you have to consider the use of various PED's when discussing the increase in serious injuries (especially non-contact).

Blog Entries

This is sad to see, even though Atkins plays for the Ravens strongest opponent.
    Cincy Cat, your team is still strong and in 1st place. Sorry to see one of your best players go down... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    No way that Dalton has the arm strength of Flacco. Joe can get away with bad location because the ball gets to the receiver so quickly. Dalton does not have the ability to miss his targets even but just a small amount in the NFL. The pick six against Miami was due to the ball taking so long to get to the receiver and was thrown on the inside shoulder and not to the outside.
    That is the main reason I personally don't have faith in Dalton. When I see those weak passes, I just can't see him making all of the throws he needs to. He's got nice touch, but those things take forever to get there. That, and he seems to not come up big in the big games.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    The biggest blow is having andy dalton....
    Wait...didn't he just throw for 5 TDs in a game? And isn't he a great fantasy QB? That must make him "elite".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    That is the main reason I personally don't have faith in Dalton. When I see those weak passes, I just can't see him making all of the throws he needs to. He's got nice touch, but those things take forever to get there. That, and he seems to not come up big in the big games.
    His arm strength and deep ball accuracy issues have shown up in the playoffs. They lost both of those games to the Texans, almost the exact same way. Dalton couldn't stretch the field and when he tried, he threw jump ball interceptions.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

C'mon guys, didn't Dalton throw 50 yards through the uprights from his knees?
    Oh, that was the other guy who screwed us up for years. Nevermind... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's horrible news. Atkins is a great player and a good guy. I feel bad for him.
    Agree,he is one of the good ones. Wish him well.