Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Dolphins tackle leaves team over prank

Check out @adamhbeasley on twitter.

Allegedly this is stemming from the vets forcing the young guys to pay significant coin for the vets meals and even trips.

Martin supposedly had to kick out 15k for the offensive lineman to take a trip on which he never intended to or actually went on.

Another rookie...or rookies...got handed a 30k tab for a team dinner...and the way it was worded, this was or were rookies that made the min...he's retweeted a Dolphins player and apparently restaurant or team employee who saw the bill a couple days ago.

I know our guys have to pay for food for their position groups on trips before games, but it's places like Popeyes and I can't imagine it costing more than a few hundred bucks as opposed to $15-30k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    According to PFT, the situation is becoming more strange by the day. Apparently he won't return to the locker room “unless the situation changes drastically in the Dolphins locker room.” The article stated that the NFLPA was going to do an investigation, but now they are not. I am a woman, so I am confused by all of this. Please explain to me what exactly is going on here? Can't you just get dressed in your uniform and go about your business? Everyone at work doesn't necessarily have to be your BFF. Please explain.
    Guys run their mouths and talk shit in the locker room. More often than not there are a few guys who get razzed a lot more than anyone else. This goes on in high school, so I guarantee it happens in the pros. Just kind of the atmosphere of a locker room.

You have to have thick skin in a locker room. Can't show weakness and you can't let your feelings get hurt easily.

There was this kid on my college team who was a junior when I was a freshman. He really thought picking on me was a blasty blast. Guess he didn't like the way my face looked. He'd throw my socks and shit in the showers while guys were in there showering. He'd take my cleats out on the field before practice so is have to walk out to the field in flip flops and put my cleats on. Just a lot of dumb stuff like that. It pissed me off quite a bit after a few weeks of it, so one practice (he was a receiver and I played safety/linebacker) he went up for a ball and I pulled a Brandon Merriweather on his ass while he was mid air.

The point of that is the only real way to earn respect in a locker room is to earn it on the field.

Martin has been a huge disappointment for Miami. His inability to deal with being razzed/picked on only compounds it.

As long as he is a Miami Dolphin, he will never have their respect now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Multiple people reporting Richie incognito is the ring leader
    No surprise there. He is a grade-a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Guys run their mouths and talk shit in the locker room. More often than not there are a few guys who get razzed a lot more than anyone else. This goes on in high school, so I guarantee it happens in the pros. Just kind of the atmosphere of a locker room.

You have to have thick skin in a locker room. Can't show weakness and you can't let your feelings get hurt easily.

There was this kid on my college team who was a junior when I was a freshman. He really thought picking on me was a blasty blast. Guess he didn't like the way my face looked. He'd throw my socks and shit in the showers while guys were in there showering. He'd take my cleats out on the field before practice so is have to walk out to the field in flip flops and put my cleats on. Just a lot of dumb stuff like that. It pissed me off quite a bit after a few weeks of it, so one practice (he was a receiver and I played safety/linebacker) he went up for a ball and I pulled a Brandon Merriweather on his ass while he was mid air.

The point of that is the only real way to earn respect in a locker room is to earn it on the field.

Martin has been a huge disappointment for Miami. His inability to deal with being razzed/picked on only compounds it.

As long as he is a Miami Dolphin, he will never have their respect now.

It's way more than that.

They are making rookies basically pay for their lifestyle...allegedly.

Who makes a guy pay for his position groups vacation that he doesn't even go on?

Who sticks rookies with an entire team dinner that rings up to 30k?

That's way beyond the norm if this is true.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's way more than that.

They are making rookies basically pay for their lifestyle...allegedly.

Who makes a guy pay for his position groups vacation that he doesn't even go on?

Who sticks rookies with an entire team dinner that rings up to 30k?

That's way beyond the norm if this is true.

Dinner bills aren't totally out of the ordinary. Though 30k is crazy.

They don't have to pay those bills though. They have to know that is a possibility every time they go out.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Dinner bills aren't totally out of the ordinary. Though 30k is crazy.

They don't have to pay those bills though. They have to know that is a possibility every time they go out.

Of course they aren't necessarily out of the ordinary.

But usually it's a small position group and running up a bill anywhere near that amount is beyond ridiculous.

For a minimum rookie...which basically are almost all rookies 3rd round and below, a bill like that would be equivalent to a guy making $50k a year having to foot a $1500 bill for his fellow employees.

And you know they feel pressure to pay for it or they wouldn't do it. Whether it's retribution or flat out feeling like you aren't a part of the team if you do those things...it's beyond dumb and that doesn't happen everywhere. Hell, the Ravens get the rookies to pay for a couple buckets of chicken...likely less than $60 bucks.

Why should a guy feel pressured to pay $15k for a trip he has no intentions on going?

And it's not just Martin feeling this way. In a way, making people aware of this is a good thing IMHO.

It's one thing to take some ribbing, to carry pads, to buy a couple buckets of fast food chicken.

It's another thing when you are taking potential savings for a guy so vets can have as much lobster and shrimp as they want for an hour.

Blog Entries

Shit is about to get real...apparently, Martin saved VMs and texts from Incognito...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
    4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
    3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...

Unbelievable.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

OT - voice messages from Richie incognito

Wow ....just wow! They get pretty bad....

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...12643767455744
    @AdamSchefter: 1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Re: OT - voice messages from Richie incognito

@AdamSchefter: 2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

@AdamSchefter: 3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

@AdamSchefter: 4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Yeah. I heard about it this morning. Strange to see bullying to this level in an NFL locker room. We all know some form of hazing occurs but this crosses the line.

Him calling someone a piece of shit? Pot meet kettle.

Wasn't there a report or story about Incognito in the past few months that said he was "kinder, gentler" and putting all the rage and crap behind him?
    So much for that.. I guess.